Weird dreams from caffeine?

Discuss coffee impact on health

Weird dreams from caffeine?

Postby BostonBean » 23 Jun 2011, 04:24

I have found that when I drink more coffee than usual, the nature of my dreams really changes. I was wondering if anyone else has weird dreams that may be induced by too much caffeine?
BostonBean

Re: Weird dreams from caffeine?

Postby LottaLatte » 24 Jun 2011, 14:07

Absolutely! I've found that if I have too much caffeine late in the day, once I actually fall asleep, my dreams are far more vivid and life-like. If it wasn't so hard to get to sleep in the first place, I'd definitely make a habit of drinking more coffee- if only for the detailed dreams!
LottaLatte

Postby peter » 08 Jul 2011, 05:16

Well, my dreams are always different and the dream I'm dreaming depends on the thoughts I was thinking the day before and not on the caffeine amount in my blood. I think neither coffee, nor tea could influence our lives in general
A morning without coffee is like sleep
peter
old member
old member

Postby Michealleo » 03 Oct 2011, 21:22

i am not sure about it but maybe it's all just happened because of excessive use of caffeine ... Can you tell me how much you take in a day ? But still remember it that that excessive use of anything can be worse .
Michealleo

Postby LucyCB » 30 Mar 2012, 04:44

If you drink a lot of caffeine and thus have difficulty sleeping, you may experience more periods of REM sleep than usual, making you more vulnerable to unsettling dreams.
LucyCB

Postby Lucie » 27 Sep 2013, 03:59

Nope, no weird dreams here at all. Just a little bit more anxiety than usual but that's normal when I drink too much coffee (and I mean a lot :d )
Lucie

Postby jimmyjim1299 » 13 Dec 2015, 05:32

Depends on how much you drink before you go to sleep, I think.
I used to drink coffee right before sleep. To tell you the truth, I agree with you. There is some correlation between coffee and the nature of your sleep. I remember dreaming about having more energy and running.

Creepy stuff, I say! :-)
jimmyjim1299

Return to Coffee Health