Coffee Ice Cream

From all over the world

Coffee Ice Cream

Postby CrazyBaby » 21 Jun 2010, 23:37

What a perfect summer-time treat! #:-S but it is very hot
I know one way to escape from a heat and it is an ice cream
and as we are CoffeeLovers so we need coffee ice cream
Making your own ice cream is actually pretty easy, and this coffee ice cream recipe is very smooth thanks to all the cream.

Ingredients:
3 cups light cream
1 3/4 cups sugar
3 eggs, beaten
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup coffee, chilled
1 cup whipping cream

Preparation:
Scald the light cream and add sugar. Stir until dissolved. In the top of a double boiler, add cream to beaten eggs and mix thoroughly. Cook until thickened. Remove from heat and chill. Add coffee, whipping cream and salt. Use this coffee mixture in your ice cream maker, and add vanilla when almost frozen.

PS lets post here other coffee icecreams
I don't have a problem with caffeine. I have a problem without caffeine!
CrazyBaby
old member
old member

Re: Coffee Ice Cream

Postby paul77 » 24 Jun 2010, 02:23

Coffee Ice Cream Recipe
coffee-ice-cream1.jpg
coffee-ice-cream1.jpg (15.51 KiB) Viewed 4995 times

Ingredients
1 1/2 cups whole milk
3/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 cups whole coffee beans (decaf unless you want the caffeine in your ice cream)
Pinch of salt
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
5 large egg yolks
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon finely ground coffee (press grinds through a fine mesh sieve)

Method
1 Heat the milk, sugar, whole coffee beans, salt, and 1/2 cup of the cream in a medium saucepan until it is quite warm and steamy, but not boiling. Once the mixture is warm, cover, remove from the heat, and let steep at room temperature for 1 hour.
coffee-ice-cream-2.jpg
coffee-ice-cream-2.jpg (7.1 KiB) Viewed 4995 times

2 Pour the remaining 1 cup of cream into a medium size metal bowl, set on ice over a larger bowl. Set a mesh strainer on top of the bowls. Set aside.
coffee-ice-cream3.jpg
coffee-ice-cream3.jpg (4.11 KiB) Viewed 4995 times

3 Reheat the milk and coffee mixture, on medium heat, until again hot and steamy (not boiling!). In a separate bowl, whisk the egg yolks together. Slowly pour the heated milk and coffee mixture into the egg yolks, whisking constantly so that the egg yolks are tempered by the warm milk, but not cooked by it. Scrape the warmed egg yolks back into the saucepan.

4 Stir the mixture constantly over medium heat with a heatproof, flat-bottomed spatula, scraping the bottom as you stir, until the mixture thickens and coats the spatula so that you can run your finger across the coating and have the coating not run. This can take about 10 minutes.

5 Pour the custard through the strainer and stir it into the cream. Press on the coffee beans in the strainer to extract as much of the coffee flavor as possible. Then discard the beans. Mix in the vanilla and finely ground coffee, and stir until cool.

6 Chill the mixture thoroughly in the refrigerator, then freeze it in your ice cream maker according to the manufacturer's instructions.

Makes one quart.
Black as midnight on a moonless night
paul77
old member
old member

Postby helena » 25 Jun 2010, 00:14

Mocha Ice Cream Cake

Ingredients
26 chocolate wafer cookies (about 6 ounces), broken into pieces
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
2 quarts coffee ice cream, slightly softened
1/3 cup chocolate-covered coffee beans
2 1/4 cups chilled whipping cream
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
Milk chocolate shavings

Preparation

Blend cookies in processor until finely ground. Add melted butter; process until crumbs are moistened. Press crumb mixture onto bottom of 9-inch-diameter springform pan with 2 3/4-inch-high sides. Freeze until firm, about 10 minutes.
Place ice cream in large bowl. Finely chop coffee beans in processor. Add to bowl with ice cream; stir until well blended. Transfer ice cream mixture to crust-lined pan. Smooth top. Cover with plastic wrap. Freeze overnight.
Combine whipping cream and vanilla in another large bowl. Sift powdered sugar and cocoa over. Using electric mixer, beat until soft peaks form. Spread mixture over top of cake. Freeze until cream is set, at least 1 hour. (Can be made 2 days ahead. Cover; keep frozen.) Sprinkle chocolate shavings over top of cake. Run knife between pan sides and cake to loosen. Remove pan sides. Using small metal spatula or knife, smooth cake sides. Let cake stand at cool room temperature 10 minutes before serving.

Makes 12 servings
I make serious coffee - so strong it wakes up the neighbors
helena
old member
old member

Postby peter » 29 Jun 2010, 03:14

Vietnamese Coffee Ice Cream Recipe

Ingredients
1 cup (400 g) sweetened condensed milk
1+1/2 cup water
1/2 cup ( 1.3 oz or 40 g) + 1 tbsp dark roast ground coffee, divided
1/3 cup whole milk

Method
Brew a very strong coffee with 1+1/2 cup of water and 1/2 cup of ground coffee. With a paper filter, that will yield 1 cup of very strongly brewed coffee. You can substitute with a cup of strongly brewed espresso.
Whisk together the condensed milk, espresso, milk and ground coffee. Chill the mixture thoroughly (3 hours in the freezer worked for me), then freeze it in your ice cream machine according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
A morning without coffee is like sleep
peter
old member
old member

Postby ginga » 01 Jul 2010, 03:27

Yummi!!!!!!!! =p~ :-bd
Caffeine isn't a drug, it's a vitamin!
ginga
old member
old member

Vietnamese coffee ice cream

Postby Milk no sugar » 05 Aug 2010, 02:32

Wah! Considering my passion for Vietnamese coffee I think I will have to go buy an ice cream maker now :)) . I also never thought of making it with decaf beans as an earlier recipe said. Nah, I couldn't. I just need that caffeine fix in whatever form it can come in.
Milk no sugar

Postby chocaloca » 05 Aug 2010, 03:59

I made the first recipe and it was really easy. I cheated a bit and added some brandy soaked raisins. Oh my, it was so delicious but I wouldn't give it to your kids if I were you!
chocaloca

Postby CoffeeLover » 18 Aug 2010, 00:02

Hi, Chocaloca =)
I made like you but I didn't add brandy... only raisins
it's finger-licking good!
I like to move it, MOVE IT
CoffeeLover
old member
old member

Return to Coffee Recipes