Coffee in Food

Talk about everything you like HERE!

Coffee in Food

Postby Beanz » 11 Apr 2010, 12:31

Last night I had some lovely tiramisu cake with a strong hint of coffee and rum (could have done without the rum), but it got me thinking to some other foods made with coffee.

Does anyone have any good suggestions to try, especially non dessert items that use coffee.
Beanz

Re: Coffee in Food

Postby CrazyBaby » 13 Apr 2010, 05:11

Coffee coated Chicken Breast

Ingredients :
Coffee coated Chicken breast for 4 persons
4 raw farm boneless chicken breasts
1 liter chicken stock (2 pints)
300 grams (10 oz) fresh chervil root
30 grams (1 oz) roasted and crusshed hazelnuts
2 soupspoonfuls liquid honey
2 soupspoonfulls roasted and crushed Arabica coffee beans
10 grams salted butter

Direction :
1/put the chicken breasts in a casserole and cover with coldchicken stock. Make it boiling during 8 minutes ans keep skimming the frost, strain them and keep them aside in a dissh that can bear heat in the oven
2/peel the chervil roots, cut them in big dice, put them in a deep pan, vcover with chicken stock and cook slowly during 20 minues
3/preheat the oven (392°F)
4/in a large bowl, blend honey, roasted and crushed coffee and cover (with a spoon the chicken breast on the round side, cook in the oven until browned and cover with the melted honey from time to time. When done, pour a large water spoonfull in the pan and stir the bottom of it
5/strain the roots and mix/blend them with the butter, season well and blend with the hazelnuts using a spatula

Cut each breast into 4 thick slices, put on a plate with the chervil root purée on one side, topped with some hazelnuts and put some suace around
The combination of the taste of roasted coffee end the sweetness of the root make this recipe an original one.
Keep the remaining stock for cooking spaguetti

Recipe from Patrick Asfaux
I don't have a problem with caffeine. I have a problem without caffeine!
CrazyBaby
old member
old member

Postby cherry » 13 Apr 2010, 12:20

I am great to try and make crazy experiments in the kitchen but honestly I am not one to mess around with coffee all that much. Some coffeecake here and there is about as much as my wild side goes.
cherry

Postby peter » 14 Apr 2010, 04:34

Don't like coffee in shape any than hot drink. Ask some of our women from the board. They will help you for sure or better visit coffee receipts section http://www.coffee4dummies.com/coffee_recipes It will help you for sure!
A morning without coffee is like sleep
peter
old member
old member

Postby CoffeeLover » 15 Apr 2010, 04:47

Coffee Spaghetti(4 portions)

Ingredients :
1 pound of ground beef
4 medium onions finely chopped
1 clove of finely chopped garlic
200 g of peeled tomatoes
100 g of tomato paste
3/4 cups of strong coffee
250 g of sliced Paris mushrooms
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 pinch of sugar
Salt, pepper, oregano
250 g of spaghetti
Grated Parmesan cheese

Direction :
Brown the onions and garlic in olive oil. Add the ground beef and brown it. Pour the peeled tomatoes, sliced mushrooms, tomato paste, and coffee on top of the ground beef. Let simmer for about 30 minutes, adding water when necessary. Add the oregano. Leave on the burner for about 5 minutes, then add salt and pepper. Cook the spaghetti and then pour the sauce on top. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
I like to move it, MOVE IT
CoffeeLover
old member
old member

Postby CrazyBaby » 11 May 2010, 02:55

peter wrote:Don't like coffee in shape any than hot drink. Ask some of our women from the board. They will help you for sure or better visit coffee receipts section http://www.coffee4dummies.com/coffee_recipes It will help you for sure!

Thank you!
cool site!!!
I don't have a problem with caffeine. I have a problem without caffeine!
CrazyBaby
old member
old member

Postby paul77 » 12 May 2010, 05:29

Here what I've found recently, though it may not be what you wish:

Brown Eye Piggy Sauce

1 Bottle of your favorite BBQ sauce (I like Sweet Baby Rays Hickory and Brown Sugar)
4 ounces of your favorite triple strength brewed coffee or some espresso (I like Papua New Guinea, Sumatra, or Java Estate).
2 Tbsp Tabasco Sauce (I like Regular or Chipotle Tobasco)
1 Tbsp Fresh Ground Black Pepper
1 Tbsp of your Favorite Bourbon Whiskey (I like Makers Mark or Jack Daniels)

If brewing your coffee, put 3 times the amount of coffee grounds as normal, and only brew through about 4-6 ounces. If using espresso, pull 2-3 doubles. Mix all ingredients well. The BBQ sauce will thin. If sauce thins too much, have another bottle of sauce ready, and add enough to attain desired consistency. Apply to last 15 minutes of your BBQ.

Remember the recipe above is a guideline. Don't be afraid to experiment with other ingredients like apple juice, cilantro, fresh garlic, or molasses. Get Creative and don't forget to Share and Enjoy!
Black as midnight on a moonless night
paul77
old member
old member

Postby Nicky » 25 May 2010, 04:41

Potato Coffee Cake
This is an old German recipe that's become a family favorite.

Ingredients
3/4 cup dry potato flakes
1 cup boiling water
1 cup warm milk
3 tablespoons butter, softened
2 eggs
1 cup white sugar
4 1/2 cups bread flour
1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast
3 tablespoons white sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3 tablespoons butter, melted

Directions
In a small bowl, dissolve potato flakes in boiling water. Let stand until lukewarm, about 15 minutes.
Place ingredients in the pan of the bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer. Select Dough/Manual cycle; press Start. The mixing and first rise of the dough will be completed in the bread machine.
When Dough/Manual cycle is finished, remove dough and briefly knead on a floured board. Divide dough into 3 round loaves and place in three lightly greased 8 inch pie pans. Cover and let raise until doubled in size, about 60 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
In a small bowl, combine 3 tablespoons sugar with 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Brush risen loaves with melted butter and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mixture.
Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
Some things in life are better rich. . . coffee, chocolate, men.
Nicky
old member
old member

Postby caffeine82 » 09 Jun 2010, 03:29

my mom makes a wonderful roll with ground coffee and sugar inside :ymdaydream:
--------
Greg
caffeine82

Postby killer666 » 09 Jun 2010, 04:03

if it so wonderful could you post here her recipe ?
Instant human. Just add coffee.
killer666
old member
old member

Return to Off- topic