My Culture

Their interaction

My Culture

Postby michael » 11 Jan 2010, 03:47

I consider coffee a social drink as any other beverage drank by a large group of people. Therefore our culture (of those who drink coffee) differs from those who drink tea, for example. Coffee lovers are more dynamic, modern and are always in the thick of things while those who prefer tea are more conservative, calm and follow their mind rather than their heart or intuition. But this is only my point of view, as I see it. I won't argue with some of you who may say these images are imposed by TV, ads and many else; and here is another confirmation that coffee is a socially important drink ifluencing all or the majority of areas of life. ~o) ~o) ~o)
Coffee is the best thing to douse the sunrise with
michael
old member
old member

Re: My Culture

Postby jennyffer777 » 13 Jan 2010, 02:12

Hi Michael! I liked your topic and would like to add something to it though known to you, I assume and it may be quite off-topic. Most of us drink one or another beverages namely because of the ads on TV, on the street and almost everywhere else. We consume those drinks because we are "told" to do this. And the minority of us ever meditate upon this issue. A little sad but that's our relaity - even though we consider ourselves free people, there are always other people who take decisions for us. But I do like coffee most of all ;)
Coffee & Love Taste Best When Hot
jennyffer777
old member
old member

Postby peter » 29 Jan 2010, 02:37

I totally agree with your idea about tea drinkers being other people than those who prefer coffee. However I don't want to cram my opinion down smb's throat so let the jury decide :-) ~o) ~o) ~o) ~o)
A morning without coffee is like sleep
peter
old member
old member

Postby maria » 04 Feb 2010, 02:32

Yes, of course they're influencing us. Not only them but many others. This is the truth - the coffee is very popular but why? Because there are people who want to sell it and do anything to make it popular. That's why we see it everyday, we are told we need it and we buy it of course. Therefore its influence is huge upon us, we cannot avoid it, it begins to be a part of our life.
Hope I didn't bend your ear :ymblushing:
maria
old member
old member

Postby ginga » 09 Feb 2010, 07:55

hmm... I didn't notice any difference between coffee and tea addicts. If what you say is true, how would you describe those who equally like and drink both coffee and tea?
Caffeine isn't a drug, it's a vitamin!
ginga
old member
old member

Postby LavazzaMan » 11 Jun 2010, 00:49

Hmmm.... Good question.... On the one hand, we are what we consume, meaning what we eat and drink.. But on the other.. I think there are too many exclusions from this rule :)
Swirl the flavor. Savor the taste.
LavazzaMan

Postby Nicky » 03 Aug 2010, 00:34

ginga wrote:... how would you describe those who equally like and drink both coffee and tea?

heavy drinker of coffee and tea :P
Some things in life are better rich. . . coffee, chocolate, men.
Nicky
old member
old member

Postby twolumps » 03 Aug 2010, 03:30

I like both coffee and tea, myself, and drink both throughout the day. But, speaking of cultures, I know the British have their tea time, but when I lived in Germany, where the big meal of the day is at lunchtime and a lighter meal is in the evening, our evening "meal" would often just be coffee and cake. Occasionally, we'd have something like a sandwich, but the coffee was always there.
twolumps

Postby SanchoPancho » 03 Aug 2010, 23:22

We had a tradition to drink coffee or to smoke each 2 hours on my old work. It was cheerful. We had a rest 10-15 minutes. ~o)
Coffee Should be Black as Hell, Strong as Death, and Sweet as Love
SanchoPancho
old member
old member

Postby Nina Maxwell » 23 Aug 2010, 03:31

My impression of advertising is that tea is portrayed as a comforting drink and coffee gets to be the sexier, more mysterious sister. I don't think it is as easy to put the drinkers of both into simple categories though. I drink tea when I want a refreshing drink and coffee for the taste and benefits.
Nina Maxwell

Return to Coffee And Culture