Something different

From all over the world

Something different

Postby LoriL » 27 Mar 2010, 09:46

I was asked to make a dessert for Easter dinner and I want to do something with coffee in it. I don't want to make coffee cakes. Does anyone have a recipe for something different with coffee? Many thanks in advance!
LoriL

Re: Something different

Postby maria » 30 Mar 2010, 04:22

Hi LoriL! I have found something very interesting for you. It's not a cake but more like sweet bread with some coffee in it. Hope you like it!

Sweet Sausage Coffee Ring:

Ingredients
1 cup water
1 cup golden raisins
1 pound bulk pork sausage
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
2 egg
1 cup chopped pecans
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 cup strong brewed coffee, room temperature
GLAZE:
1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
2 teaspoons milk
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions
In a saucepan, bring water to a boil; reduce heat. Add raisins. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes; drain and set aside. Crumble sausage into a large bowl. Add sugars and eggs; mix well. Stir in pecans and reserved raisins. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, ginger and pie spice; add to sausage mixture alternately with coffee.
Transfer to a greased and floured 10-in. tube pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over cooled bread. Refrigerate leftovers.
maria
old member
old member

Postby LoriL » 31 Mar 2010, 16:44

Wow! That sounds awesome and I'm going to give it a try for Easter dinner. :d Thanks a ton for looking it up for me and posting it. I will let you know how it turns out.
Of course I'll make another dessert too in case this one flops.
LoriL

Postby jennyffer777 » 15 Apr 2010, 02:23

It's a great recipe but I doubt I will ever venture to try it ;) So Loril, did you try to bake it? It's very interesting to hear someone's personal experience......
Coffee & Love Taste Best When Hot
jennyffer777
old member
old member

Postby cherry » 16 Apr 2010, 10:29

For some reason Sausage + Coffee in my mind do not go well together, I think I would be interested to find out how this went over too. I am down for either, just not together.
cherry

Return to Coffee Recipes