Naturally Decaffeinated Coffee Plant

Talk about everything you like HERE!

Naturally Decaffeinated Coffee Plant

Postby michael » 05 Feb 2010, 02:46

I've searched through web recently and found this interesting info (which is 6 years old though...shame on me :ymblushing: :ymblushing: :ymblushing: ) :
So here it is: have you heard that a naturally decaffeinated coffee plant has been discovered some years ago? This means that the process of decaffeination will soon be stopped because there will be no need in that.
And here is my question - do you think this will happen soon or will happen in general? I mean, taking into consideration that 6 years have passed from this discovery but all coffee is still decaffeinated in the traditional way.
Well, waiting for your thoughts....Very interesting what you think about this matter ;)
Coffee is the best thing to douse the sunrise with
michael
old member
old member

Re: Naturally Decaffeinated Coffee Plant

Postby paul77 » 05 Mar 2010, 03:31

Hi Michael! Sorry I haven't noticed this topic before :ymblushing:
And you know I (shame on me, too ;) ) haven't heard anything about the discovery. I have some variants why the idea didn't become popular: 1.the reserach proved to be false and wrong (the scientists have confused something )
2. nobody gave them the money to start more scrupulous study
3. the coffee companies are not interested in such research as this means their coffee will smell and taste the same (no difference will be sensed=no competitiveness)

But throwing my thoughts apart, I do think the idea of using this special plant may interest someone but till it is realized, many years will pass and it will be very hard for the rest of the world to refuse the idea of a traditional coffee palnt which is so popular during the last epochs.
Black as midnight on a moonless night
paul77
old member
old member

Postby helena » 10 Mar 2010, 06:37

I hope it (naturally decaffeinated palnts growing) is realized some day as it seems to be the more natural way than decaffeinating coffee in ways it is done nowadays.
I make serious coffee - so strong it wakes up the neighbors
helena
old member
old member

Postby Javalover » 31 Mar 2010, 12:06

I haven't heard this either. It would be good if they process this. I won't drink decaffeinated coffee because to me it's worse drinking that than having the caffeine because of the process to decaffeinate it.
Javalover

Return to Off- topic