Latte art

The beauty some are capable of

Latte art

Postby peter » 15 Dec 2009, 02:27

Hey guys! I'm back again with some new experience of mine. Well, we all are coffee lovers and of course like beauty. I made an experiment this weekend and would like to share it with you. Well, as I thought myself a great barista, I decided to create some latte art. Watched some youtube lesson and prepared everything as they advise: took cold milk, a pictcher and an espresso machine I have lent from my barista friend. Tried to steam my milk, it seemed right (though not so good as it is shown in the video), shaked it a little; let it for a while and then filled less than half my cup with freshly prepared espresso (well, the espresso machine made this for me ;) ) and then started to pour my foam milk into it. First, I poured it down straightly, without any shakes and then on my halfway to the second cup's border, started to make some zigzag moves. As you may already guess, my first attempt to become a professional barista was a complete fiasco. But I don't quit my hope to make something special one day and will take some lessons from previously mentioned barista friend (though he may not know yet I am going to become his pupil soon ;) ) and will watch some more videos from youtube. Will surely contact you later to share my success :D .
A morning without coffee is like sleep
peter
old member
old member

Re: Latte art

Postby ginga » 22 Dec 2009, 00:22

Good luck Peter! Keep on trying and posting! :)
Caffeine isn't a drug, it's a vitamin!
ginga
old member
old member

Postby CoffeeLover » 22 Dec 2009, 06:26

Hello, Peter! ~o)

Do not upset!
you know: you must spoil before you spin! practice makes perfect!!!

I think it's site will be useful for you allcoffeeart.com

good luck! \m/
I like to move it, MOVE IT
CoffeeLover
old member
old member

Postby ginga » 23 Dec 2009, 00:54

Yeah, cool site. So much info on the web, I only wish I had more time... :)
Caffeine isn't a drug, it's a vitamin!
ginga
old member
old member

Postby CrazyBaby » 24 Dec 2009, 01:14

CoffeeLover wrote:Hello, Peter! ~o)

Do not upset!
you know: you must spoil before you spin! practice makes perfect!!!

I think it's site will be useful for you allcoffeeart.com

good luck! \m/

Hi CoffeeLover!!!
It's really cool website! \m/
Thank You!!!

Do you know something more about coffee art???
I don't have a problem with caffeine. I have a problem without caffeine!
CrazyBaby
old member
old member

Postby killer666 » 26 May 2010, 03:15

hm /:)
I'll try to surprise my girlfriend.
thank you!
Instant human. Just add coffee.
killer666
old member
old member

Postby PepetheCoffeeManiac » 29 Jan 2013, 07:15

So, peter, tell us, have you already become a barista?
PepetheCoffeeManiac

Postby jesse » 21 Jan 2014, 03:40

Hey, Peter, have you managed to prepare true latte art? ;)
jesse

Postby stephen12 » 13 Feb 2014, 18:00

Hi Peter, I'm waiting for your latte art.. Looking forward to it. Good luck! :-)
stephen12

Postby jessebrock73 » 28 Jan 2016, 01:58

peter wrote:Hey guys! I'm back again with some new experience of mine. Well, we all are coffee lovers and of course like beauty. I made an experiment this weekend and would like to share it with you. Well, as I thought myself a great barista, I decided to create some latte art. Watched some youtube lesson and prepared everything as they advise: took cold milk, a pictcher and an espresso machine I have lent from my barista friend. Tried to steam my milk, it seemed right (though not so good as it is shown in the video), shaked it a little; let it for a while and then filled less than half my cup with freshly prepared espresso (well, the espresso machine made this for me ;) ) and then started to pour my foam milk into it. First, I poured it down straightly, without any shakes and then on my halfway to the second cup's border, started to make some zigzag moves. As you may already guess, my first attempt to become a professional barista was a complete fiasco. But I don't quit my hope to make something special one day and will take some lessons from previously mentioned barista friend (though he may not know yet I am going to become his pupil soon ;) ) and will watch some more videos from youtube. Will surely contact you later to share my success :D .

Hey! that's really awesome man \m/
Even I being free keep on doing number of experiments with my coffee, although I don't really get the best solution out of it but still! :ymparty:
Good Luck! ;)
jessebrock73

Postby Willie Murphy » 28 Apr 2016, 00:57

peter wrote:Hey guys! I'm back again with some new experience of mine. Well, we all are coffee lovers and of course like beauty. I made an experiment this weekend and would like to share it with you. Well, as I thought myself a great barista, I decided to create some latte art. Watched some youtube lesson and prepared everything as they advise: took cold milk, a pictcher and an espresso machine I have lent from my barista friend. Tried to steam my milk, it seemed right (though not so good as it is shown in the video), shaked it a little; let it for a while and then filled less than half my cup with freshly prepared espresso (well, the espresso machine made this for me ;) ) and then started to pour my foam milk into it. First, I poured it down straightly, without any shakes and then on my halfway to the second cup's border, started to make some zigzag moves. As you may already guess, my first attempt to become a professional barista was a complete fiasco. But I don't quit my hope to make something special one day and will take some lessons from previously mentioned barista friend (though he may not know yet I am going to become his pupil soon ;) ) and will watch some more videos from youtube. Will surely contact you later to share my success :D .

Great job!
Willie Murphy

Postby Willie Murphy » 29 Apr 2016, 22:27

Hey latte is also favorite to me. Do you want to know more about latte and Cappuccino? Then you can visit here
Willie Murphy

Return to Coffee Art