Instant Coffee vs Real

Say what you like about certain coffee drink

Instant Coffee vs Real

Postby ginga » 02 Mar 2010, 02:52

Do you mostly drink instant coffee? If yes, is that because you like it more or just because it's simple? If not, can you tell how do you usually make your morning coffee cup?

As for me, I'm more used to brewing it myself. No one in our family makes it better then me :)
I have an old jezve which serves just fine and I won't change it for any coffee maker, let alone instant...

What do others think?
Caffeine isn't a drug, it's a vitamin!
ginga
old member
old member

Re: Instant Coffee vs Real

Postby Wired » 02 Mar 2010, 16:36

I HATE instant coffee! :ymsick: I have yet to find one that doesn't taste and smell like dirty feet to me. :ymsick: I will just wait for a pot to brew or do without. It's just that simple.
Wired

Postby jennyffer777 » 03 Mar 2010, 02:47

Not that I'm against instant coffee but I don't drink it as often as I drink the ground one. However when I have no time for brewing, I drink instant. Don't think it's something very bad, just don't do it very often, that's all...
Coffee & Love Taste Best When Hot
jennyffer777
old member
old member

Postby cherry » 03 Mar 2010, 10:14

As a teen and early adult I mostly drank instant, it was quick and I never had roommates to share the morning coffee with so no biggie. Now that I am married and even when I get a random taste for hot coffee, its always brewed. There is just no reason to not have it this way now since there is another drinker in the house and when family comes to visit (like now) the place always smells like coffee.
cherry

Postby JavaJane » 18 Mar 2010, 07:38

Instant coffee? That's heresy, my friend! The only thing I use instant coffee for is to make a homemade coffee liquor. Other than that, yuck. I will go without my morning coffee before I get a cup of instant.
JavaJane

Postby Javalover » 18 Mar 2010, 09:01

I ran out of coffee one day and there was a convenience store right next door so I ran and picked up some instant coffee which was all they had. I made it according to the directions and let me tell you I went right out after work that day and got some regular coffee. I have never tasted anything so bad!
Javalover

Postby cherry » 18 Mar 2010, 12:11

You know when I was younger I could deal with instant but in the past decade or so things have really changed. I am not sure if all are like this but maybe? For me, if its there and I have to have coffee I will drink it, but only if I must.
cherry

Postby paulina12 » 19 Mar 2010, 06:38

Well, I don't think instant coffee is a bad idea though. It is prepared from coffee beans so this means we enjoy coffee, not an artificial extract. But everyone choses for him/herself.
paulina12

Postby LoriL » 19 Mar 2010, 09:31

Yuk Yuk and triple Yuk! I don't like instant coffee at all. To be honest my favorite part of the coffee is to smell it brewing! It wakes me right up. Making instant coffee isn't the same. I don't even like the taste.
LoriL

Postby michael » 22 Mar 2010, 04:51

It's a controversial question for coffee addicts :-) Those who consider themselves true coffee lovers and gourmets won't even get into argument. They don't consider instant coffee a beverage for their discerning palate. But those of us who enjoy coffee in any form (I'm sure there are good instant drinks), won't refuse a cup of hot fragrant coffee, especially when in a hurry...
Coffee is the best thing to douse the sunrise with
michael
old member
old member

Postby Bella » 03 Nov 2010, 15:56

I bought a small can the other day the store....one of the special kind in the little red and white can. It was French Vanilla Caramel. I thought I'd try it because it would be simple when I was the only one drinking coffee---just heat up some water and go. I've had it two mornings now. I've decided it's okay, simple and quick, but that's about it. I'd rather brew a pot. Of course my pot only holds 4 cups. :)
Bella

Postby Nawleen » 03 Nov 2010, 22:03

I prefer the brewed coffee to instant, but again if I am in a rush or somewhere that they don't have brewed coffee, instant has to do. I just have to have my coffee ~o) . I am sure you guys know how grumpy some people can be until they have had that first cup. Well that is me. :YMDEVIL:
Nawleen

Postby peter » 04 Nov 2010, 04:03

hello, Nawleen! Welcome aboard! Join our "grumpy world without coffee"! ;)
A morning without coffee is like sleep
peter
old member
old member

Postby Joe39 » 11 Dec 2010, 14:36

My mother used to drink instant coffee. I think she just liked the taste of it, because she knew how to brew coffee and would brew a pot when company came. She would drink either Nescafe or Sankers, 2 spoons of sugar and some half and half.

Personally, I think instant coffee is the most disgusting stuff in the world. I'd rather drink mud.........real mud!
Joe39

Postby sweetener » 12 Dec 2010, 04:07

Joe39 wrote:Personally, I think instant coffee is the most disgusting stuff in the world. I'd rather drink mud.........real mud!

Really! Instant coffee is not that bad especially when I'm away from home that is the nearest thing to a warm cup of coffee. I'd rather take an instant coffee than to have no coffee at all. Besides, I will just add a lot of sugar to make my coffee really sweet.

But when you visit my home, you won't find any instant coffee.
sweetener

Postby frenchvanilla » 13 Dec 2010, 12:05

Unfortunately I do not have space for a coffee maker so I am 'forced' to drink instant. I use sugar and coffee mate with my Nescafe Tasters Choice and it is ok. It is better than nothing that is for sure.
frenchvanilla

Postby Icemocha » 13 Dec 2010, 16:30

Ick, I never liked instant coffee. It may be easier to make, but real coffee isn't that hard to make as long as you have a coffee maker. Plus, I drink a heckuva lot of coffee during the day and I find it a lot more tiresome to have to refill one cup over and over rather than just have a coffee pot with 10 cups brewing there are your beck and call.
Icemocha

Postby CoffeeJunkie » 16 Dec 2010, 14:05

Instant coffee, on the whole, is yucky. Awful awful yucky poo poo (as my kids would say). I have to admit though, when Starbucks was giving out free samples of their Via instant coffee - I was seriously convinced that they just gave me their regular brewed coffee and tried to convince me that it was instant. :P It was that good.

I usually make the coffee around here. Add a pinch of salt to your grounds before you brew and it'll be less bitter. :d
CoffeeJunkie

Postby Vulcanit » 01 Jun 2011, 04:17

Instant coffee is fine when I don't have enough time. As I see it, different types of coffee suit different occasions.
Vulcanit

Postby robin » 11 Jun 2011, 05:13

I used to be that instant guy, always in a hurry and I am sure you can guess I loved instant coffee. However, with time I have learned to brew my own and for sure, there is a great difference.
robin

Next

Return to Coffee Reviews