Exfoliate skin

Discuss coffee impact on health

Exfoliate skin

Postby GlanDeas » 20 Dec 2013, 01:42

Give your skin a buzz with used coffee grounds. Simply scrub the crumbly goodness all over your body for a natural exfoliant. Rubbing grounds into your skin will slough off dead skin cells and leave your skin feeling refreshed. For a smoother scrub, add a bit of olive oil to the grounds.
GlanDeas

Re: Exfoliate skin

Postby Derek » 15 Jan 2014, 02:49

My wife tried to do this once but she only hurt herself, as her skin is very soft. So you should better be careful when using such kind of exfoliant, taking into consideration your skin type.
The powers of a man's mind are directly proportioned to the quantity of coffee he drinks - Sir James Mackintosh
Derek

Postby paul77 » 28 Jan 2014, 07:16

I tried once but it didn't work. My skin is too rough even for coffee grounds, nothing is able to clean it. :-(
Black as midnight on a moonless night
paul77
old member
old member

Postby Lucie » 06 Feb 2014, 06:59

My skin is too sensible for such kind of experiments. I am sorry to say this, as I would love to try this procedure. :-(
Lucie

Postby stephen12 » 13 Feb 2014, 18:35

> Gently rub your skin dry with a clean, dry towel, post shower.
> Use ½ tbsp. of baking soda mixed with ½ tbsp. of a gentle cleanser, applying medium to light pressure and circular rotations for 1-2 mins.
* Dry skin type – mix ½ raw coconut oil with ½ baking soda and use 1-2 times per week
* Oily skin type – use baking powder and leave on for 10-15 mins. for further oil absorption
>> For body – avoid neck, breasts.
> Rinse the skin first to remove dirt and oils. Then mix ½ part sugar with ½ part oil of your choice. Apply with a cloth to protect the skin on your hands from becoming irritated. Using mild pressure, and circular motions; don’t spend more than 1 minute per limb.
> For more stubborn areas like the knees and elbows, follow the same instructions as the sugar treatment only supplement the washcloth with the loofah and the sugar with the salt.
> Using a dry, natural bristle brush on dry skin, start at your feet and gently glide the brush bristles against your skin, using upward strokes toward your heart. This should only take about 3-4 minutes for your entire body. Skin should be cleansed and then moisturized directly after this treatment.
Hope it will help!
stephen12

Postby maria » 21 Feb 2014, 06:32

Yes, it's true, I can confirm that coffee grounds help me clean my skin.
maria
old member
old member

Postby DarrylSpiers » 19 Mar 2016, 23:41

Coffee is best for skin too...It give's your skin fairness...
DarrylSpiers

Return to Coffee Health