How do you take your coffee?

The role it plays in your everyday life

How do you take your coffee?

Postby caffeineneeded » 22 Feb 2011, 06:38

What do you like to put in your coffee? I personally like to have half and half and Ideal sweetener in my coffee, but lately I have been using skim milk to cut out calories.
caffeineneeded

Re: How do you take your coffee?

Postby DecafMom » 22 Feb 2011, 20:18

I prefer sugar (1-2 tbsp :-o ) and some kind of flavored creamer (though I often use unflavored, as well). I've been trying to reduce the sugar, but it's hard because I love the "candy coffee" flavors!
DecafMom

Postby chocaloca » 23 Feb 2011, 07:05

I haven't taken sugar in a drink in years but I do like my coffee to be strong but creamy so I use a coffee whitener like Nestles Coffeemate and I now prefer it to fresh cream.
chocaloca

Postby caffeineneeded » 24 Feb 2011, 06:41

I don't normally use sugar in my coffee, but one of my friends does. One day I decided to try it again and it was delish. I only did it that one day, but I could really get used to drinking it that way again.
caffeineneeded

Postby MsCoffee » 28 Feb 2011, 07:10

I use a little cream and two splendas in my coffee. If I get the chance I prefer a french vanilla cappuccino but I rarely do get out to get it.
MsCoffee

Postby HCafe » 26 Mar 2011, 05:10

As far as I remember, I've never had my coffee plain or black. I always put just a little sugar and creamer. I want my coffee to have that creamy taste and texture. I used to buy flavored coffee creamers. My favorite was hazelnut.
HCafe

Postby MaCoffee » 27 Mar 2011, 11:44

I load mine up with sugar and creamer! Normally the creamer's flavored as well-- I like some of the interesting holiday-related creamers that come out, especially the egg nog flavored one from...House International, I think. I can drink coffee black if I'm desperate, but I definitely prefer mine sweet and creamy.
MaCoffee

Postby George » 28 Mar 2011, 23:45

For me, it depends on the occasion, and usually the time of day. In the morning, I prefer it similar to chocaloca, strong but with some cream to balance it. However in the middle of the afternoon when I've had a long day, I don't hesitate to put a good amount of sugar in too. At this point, it becomes more of a comfort drink for me. :P
George

Postby HCafe » 29 Mar 2011, 22:14

I think I've never had my coffee black. I like it creamy but not so sweet. I put a little sugar then give my coffee a creamy flavor and texture by adding creamer. I like the flavored ones like hazelnut and french vanilla.
HCafe

Postby Caffeinated » 03 Apr 2011, 15:25

With stevia & soy creamer, usually lots of it actually, I like my coffee light. I have become accustomed to having flavoring syrup as well so now I'm hooked on that too. Coffee without flavoring seems so plain now.
Caffeinated

Postby MaCoffee » 03 Apr 2011, 21:05

Caffeinated wrote:With stevia & soy creamer, usually lots of it actually, I like my coffee light. I have become accustomed to having flavoring syrup as well so now I'm hooked on that too. Coffee without flavoring seems so plain now.

Ah, it's true! After so many years of drinking coffee with some sort of flavoring in it, coffee minus any extra flavors just doesn't taste right. :)) Once, when we ran out of flavored creamer and only had regular half and half, I nearly caused a riot!
MaCoffee

Postby starbuck » 02 Jun 2011, 15:51

I take my coffee with only one teaspoon of sugar and a tiny drop of skim milk. I think this is the healthiest way I can drink it while not being grossed out. I do very rarely treat myself to one of those starbucks lattes, loaded with all the fat and sugars, but my regular daily cup of joe is kept simple.
starbuck

Postby BostonBean » 25 Jun 2011, 04:13

I like to drink my coffee with half and half and no sugar. I usually add about two teaspons of half and half per cup. However, some restaurant coffee is so strong it needs more, and I end up with a little mountain of empty half and half containers on the table.
BostonBean

Postby Donteatacowman » 21 Mar 2012, 18:28

Generally black with some sort of creamer--skim if available, actual creamer or half-and-half if not. I'd drink it black, but my tummy gets unhappy sometimes if it's too bitter. :C
I also like it iced or as an americano~ If I'm ordering it at Starbucks or another coffee place, I generally get an espresso shot or two as well.
Donteatacowman

Postby panna_cota » 13 Jan 2015, 11:45

I like add Chocolate Powder in my coffee.
Oh,guys it tastes so yummy , i can`t even tell you how delicious it is ~o)
panna_cota

Return to Coffee In Your Life