Vacuum brewers

From A to Z; Talk us about your coffee equipment experience

Vacuum brewers

Postby jennyffer777 » 03 Mar 2010, 04:09

I decided to make a new topic here since it's about coffee industry. So I thought it will be appropriate to talk about vacuum brewers.
I'd like to purchase one and don't know yet what and how to choose :-(
I surfed through Internet and saw a lot of them and a lot of comments on them as well. My question is: what should I look for in a vacuum brewer and what vendor is the best?
Thanks in advance :-)
Coffee & Love Taste Best When Hot
jennyffer777
old member
old member

Re: Vacuum brewers

Postby paul77 » 09 Mar 2010, 07:17

I know very little about them (yes, I'm a coffee lover but not brewed in vac pot), so here is what I'd like to advise:
look for the quality of the rubber seal: it should be "soft," "supple," "seals perfectly" which will ensure you this brewer works properly.
And of course, look for some brand name, as it ensures quality (almost) always. Fow example, such names as Kent, Silex, Bodum and many others.
Hold it in your hand, feel it and I guarantee %90 you'll know exactly what you are buying. Good Luck! :-)
Black as midnight on a moonless night
paul77
old member
old member

Postby peter » 17 Mar 2010, 07:34

When buying a vacuum brewer, be sure to provide yourself with a good one of a well known brand - such companies as Black and Decker, Bloomfield, Bosch, Braum, Kona, Bodum Santos, Cuisinart and others. They make their equipment for years and won't cheat you for sure (%99 ;) ).
And my personal advise is to better choose a glass vacuum brewer as it is more convenient to control the process than in a stainless one.
Also be sure to use the right kind of grind in your brewer which is the coarse one. The particles of such a grind have more chances not to be sucked down with the rest of the coffee - when the pot is taken off the stove - to chill and suck down the coffee.
A morning without coffee is like sleep
peter
old member
old member

Postby paula » 27 Sep 2010, 03:38

Hey, guys! Interesting topic and advices, thank you. I never was a "vacuum brewing coffee" person, so why do you need it, jennyffer777? I've heard, though don't know for sure, that vacuum brewers are not the best options for brewing coffee as it is a long complex process. :-( :-\
Be a coffee-drinking individual - espresso yourself!
paula

Postby Robusto » 01 Oct 2010, 05:45

Hi Jenny,

Why did you decide to buy namely Vacuum brewer? Do you like the coffee brewed this way more? I'm also thinking of getting myself a new coffee brewer because my pot is quite old already, but don't know yet what to look for.
Robusto

Postby jennyffer777 » 04 Oct 2010, 01:39

Hey guys! Thank you for your replies. First, I've decided to buy a vacuum brewer because I liked the construction and I thought it was a good idea to try something new. But now I feel like I should buy something else instead because I've read lots of comments and understood that a good old coffee pot is the best way to brew a cup of coffee! :d
Coffee & Love Taste Best When Hot
jennyffer777
old member
old member

Postby michael » 23 Oct 2012, 02:27

I don't like the principle of the VB operation - it takes a lot of time to prepare a cup of coffee, and act almost the same as the Moka Pot - so why wait so long to drink your coffee whne you have an alternative? ;)
Coffee is the best thing to douse the sunrise with
michael
old member
old member

Postby PepetheCoffeeManiac » 23 Oct 2012, 02:28

You can pick a budget one like Yama or go for a deluxe model like Cona or even shop for a vintage vacpot like Corey or Silex at Etsy!
PepetheCoffeeManiac

Postby panna_cota » 14 Nov 2014, 06:01

Lately I`ve faced the same problem,now I`m choosing a coffee brewer.Need your advice, want to buy Bunn Infusion , what do you think?
panna_cota

Return to Coffee Roasting, Grinding, Brewing; Equipment; Industry