Hopped up on espresso

Talk about everything you like HERE!

Hopped up on espresso

Postby Beans » 14 May 2012, 04:42

I am not sure why it affects me so differently than a regular cup of my morning Joe, but if I have any kind of coffee drink with espresso in it I am bouncing off the walls for hours. I stopped into Starbucks last week during Frappucino happy hour and had a venti Mocha Frap. I couldn't sleep for most of the night but I was extremely productive.
Beans

Re: Hopped up on espresso

Postby helena » 05 Jul 2012, 05:42

Hello Beans,
I am surprised at the fact that you get bounced while drinking espresso - it is the usual coffee, just with a different lever of roast, as far as I know. Maybe, this is just a autosuggestion? ;)
I make serious coffee - so strong it wakes up the neighbors
helena
old member
old member

Postby jesse » 10 Jul 2012, 04:26

Keep drinking it - if it keeps you productive and energetic for a long period of time, then espresso has favorable impact on you ;)
jesse

Postby paul77 » 10 Sep 2012, 06:47

Happy for you, Beans but you should reconsider going to Starbucks anymore as they are definitely filling your cup with something illegal, besides their usual espresso blend ;)
Black as midnight on a moonless night
paul77
old member
old member

Postby percival » 24 Jan 2014, 02:52

Beans wrote:I am not sure why it affects me so differently than a regular cup of my morning Joe, but if I have any kind of coffee drink with espresso in it I am bouncing off the walls for hours. I stopped into Starbucks last week during Frappucino happy hour and had a venti Mocha Frap. I couldn't sleep for most of the night but I was extremely productive.

It is possible that those at Starbucks put something energetic in it, that is why you felt extremely productive and active. ;)
percival

Postby Derek » 31 Mar 2014, 03:27

Espresso isn't any different from any other coffee, it's just the way they prepare it. So I really doubt that it could affect you any different than usual black coffee. :-\
The powers of a man's mind are directly proportioned to the quantity of coffee he drinks - Sir James Mackintosh
Derek

Postby EmmieRuff » 26 Oct 2014, 21:11

Hey guys, December is fast approaching.. I can feel the cold wind blowing. We must keep our wood furnace burning. Good thing I have my best outdoor wood boiler, which I have been using for years now.
EmmieRuff

Return to Off- topic