When was coffee first discovered?

Talk about everything you like HERE!

When was coffee first discovered?

Postby robin » 13 Jun 2011, 10:10

Apparently, coffee has its roots in Eastern Africa, in a country called Ethiopia. A certain goat herder was in the field only to notice that his goats were acting weird after eating some berries.

After taking the berries himself, he felt re-energized and soon coffee became popular in the whole region.
robin

Re: When was coffee first discovered?

Postby starbuck » 15 Jun 2011, 08:11

There are a lot of claims of where coffee was founded. I believe your theory is the most agreed upon, though there are also some claims of coffee being founded in the Islamic world.
starbuck

Postby jennyffer777 » 08 Jul 2011, 05:42

Well, I think Ethiopia is most likely to be the country to first discover coffee beans, however they couldn't find it a use. And since it is situated near United Arab Emirates, it quickly entered their lives and religion. And namely Arabs came to the idea of using coffee beans as a drink
Coffee & Love Taste Best When Hot
jennyffer777
old member
old member

Postby siamon » 10 Jun 2013, 04:23

I am not sure why it affects me so differently than a regular cup of my morning Joe, but if I have any kind of coffee drink with espresso in it I am bouncing off the walls for hours. I stopped into Starbucks last week during Frappucino happy hour and had a venti Mocha Frap. I couldn't sleep for most of the night but I was extremely productive.
siamon
siamon

Postby Derek » 12 Jun 2013, 02:50

siamon wrote:I am not sure why it affects me so differently than a regular cup of my morning Joe, but if I have any kind of coffee drink with espresso in it I am bouncing off the walls for hours. I stopped into Starbucks last week during Frappucino happy hour and had a venti Mocha Frap. I couldn't sleep for most of the night but I was extremely productive.

I am sure that they add something into coffee there, and it has nothing to do with coffee at all. :-(
The powers of a man's mind are directly proportioned to the quantity of coffee he drinks - Sir James Mackintosh
Derek

Postby michael » 13 Jan 2014, 07:04

robin wrote:Apparently, coffee has its roots in Eastern Africa, in a country called Ethiopia. A certain goat herder was in the field only to notice that his goats were acting weird after eating some berries.

After taking the berries himself, he felt re-energized and soon coffee became popular in the whole region.

If the question was - When was coffee first discovered? , then I think that happened a long time ago - approximately in the 800 A.D., according to http://www.coffee4dummies.com/coffee_history
I hope that answers your question.
Coffee is the best thing to douse the sunrise with
michael
old member
old member

Return to Off- topic