other uses for coffee

The role it plays in your everyday life

other uses for coffee

Postby Bella » 08 Nov 2010, 07:00

I just ready about how you can take used or fresh coffee grounds, put them in a bowl and stick them in the refridgerator to help keep it smelling nice and fresh. This is similar to how you would use baking soda. They said it last about a month or so, then you would just replace it with new. I'm sure there are other uses for coffee grounds....care to share?
Bella

Re: other uses for coffee

Postby javafreak » 10 Nov 2010, 15:41

It works best with fresh coffee grounds but it also helps remove smells from the microwave as well like burnt popcorn. That is all I use it for besides drinking.
javafreak

Postby melissa » 11 Nov 2010, 03:19

Thanks for this useful info, but I know you cannot store your coffee in a fridge for long cause it gets stale very quickly.....
You can also keep them in such places as clothing cabinet - and you won't even need to use scent anymore :d
melissa

Postby Nicky » 12 Nov 2010, 00:43

Hey, coffeelovers! thank you.
it is good idea to use coffee like air freshener :ymblushing:
Some things in life are better rich. . . coffee, chocolate, men.
Nicky
old member
old member

Postby NoLimits » 12 Nov 2010, 03:24

I know someone who dries the grounds and uses them to line her ashtray. Not sure of that is a smell buster thing or not though. Isn't there something just wonderful about that coffee scent?
NoLimits

Postby javafreak » 13 Nov 2010, 07:14

I have actually seen coffee beans used as mulching around plants as well. I have not done it but I have heard it works double duty as a great smelling , non-molding mulch and a bug repellent.
javafreak

Postby gardennut » 08 Jun 2011, 16:40

I use the leftover coffee from the pot plus the used coffee grounds as a fabric dye for crafts that I make. If you add a little vanilla and then sun dry the fabric it looks really antique and old. I love it!
gardennut

Postby robin » 11 Jun 2011, 05:18

gardennut wrote:I use the leftover coffee from the pot plus the used coffee grounds as a fabric dye for crafts that I make. If you add a little vanilla and then sun dry the fabric it looks really antique and old. I love it!

I am for sure trying this out really soon. I particularly would love to the the antique and old look when used as a fabric dye.
robin

Postby MoffeeCoff » 06 May 2012, 23:27

I appreciate the idea of using coffee as air freshener. I got some new points, and it's important for me. Thanks everybody! :)
MoffeeCoff

Postby LucyCB » 18 Jun 2012, 01:59

Hmm, I guess I could use it for other things too - say, put coffee beans in your drawers, in bed clothes or clothes closet ^)
LucyCB

Postby jesse » 08 Apr 2013, 03:09

Hm, I think I'm not that kind of guy who likes recycling everything he/she uses.So no, I don't know any other uses for coffee after I drank it :-\
jesse

Postby jessebrock73 » 21 Jan 2016, 20:46

Bella wrote:I just ready about how you can take used or fresh coffee grounds, put them in a bowl and stick them in the refridgerator to help keep it smelling nice and fresh. This is similar to how you would use baking soda. They said it last about a month or so, then you would just replace it with new. I'm sure there are other uses for coffee grounds....care to share?

But I have heard that placing coffee in fridge can make it harder and thus which make it just of no use for future. /:)
jessebrock73

Return to Coffee In Your Life