Mixing Different Coffees

From A to Z; Talk us about your coffee equipment experience

Mixing Different Coffees

Postby Nawleen » 09 Nov 2010, 02:44

I love to mix different types that I get grinded or grind myself to make my own Brews. Does anyone else have a favorite mixture of coffee whether you have to grind them or you just buy two different kinds to make the perfect blend?
Nawleen

Re: Mixing Different Coffees

Postby melissa » 09 Nov 2010, 03:02

Well, grinding two or more types of coffee before brewing is a perfect way of making an excellent cup of coffee...But I choose mixing some already ground types and brew it....I like mixing together such coffees as Sumatran, Kenyan and/or Tanzanian blends
melissa

Postby Nicky » 12 Nov 2010, 00:58

I didnt think about it! but must to try... I will describe my feelings soon! thank for the idea. I want to try something new! ~o)
Some things in life are better rich. . . coffee, chocolate, men.
Nicky
old member
old member

Postby helena » 24 Nov 2010, 02:27

I don't know what I could mix cause coffee is usually mixed when ground - Arabica and Robusta, various types of coffee from different lands, etc. I like it how it is
I make serious coffee - so strong it wakes up the neighbors
helena
old member
old member

Postby JavaJunkie » 21 Mar 2011, 04:38

I mix too but more simply. I cannot handle caffeine much anymore so I mix a small amount of caffeinated coffee with my decaf grounds. Also, I do that with flavored coffee sometimes just to add a little flavor. I'd imagine there is a whole world of mixing possibilities out there. ~o)
JavaJunkie

Postby driven » 21 Mar 2011, 08:56

If I get a really bad coffee, like Chase & Sanborn, I will mix it in with better coffees. I hate the thought of any coffee getting thrown out, even terrible ones. I find at the right ratio the terrible coffee will be over powered by the better one.
driven

Postby sophia » 14 Aug 2011, 16:23

There are 101 ways to change up your favorite coffee. There are plenty of ways to blend and enhance you coffee experience. There is an Indonesian blend that has a mixture of Sumatran and Papua New Guinea beans that have a wonderful, strong taste.
sophia

Postby garyspeed » 01 Jan 2012, 21:48

Loved it to the ground or a mixture of different types of me grind my girlfriend. Is someone's favorite blend coffee, whether you buy or working groups, you can simply the perfect combination of two different types?
garyspeed

Postby Ailee » 03 Apr 2012, 23:21

Never tried this mixing different coffees, I don’t want to try this either because a single cup can give me stomach cramps. =)
Last edited by Ailee on 08 Apr 2012, 22:32, edited 1 time in total.
Ailee

Postby LucyCB » 06 Apr 2012, 00:45

Ailee, and why is that?? 8-|
LucyCB

Postby paul77 » 06 Apr 2012, 01:48

I don't like mixing different coffees as well- it sounds like a total mess to me; though I did try it once, but didn't like it, of course. ;)
Black as midnight on a moonless night
paul77
old member
old member

Postby LucyCB » 18 Jul 2012, 01:38

It's important to be clear on which coffees you are blending.

If you are picking coffee from the supermarket which is called something like espresso blend, or cafe blend, don't mix the beans with any other beans. The reason for this is the individual coffee varieties have been chosen to blend well together already.

However, you can buy single origin coffee, or varietals, and have many years of enjoyment from trying different blends together. Try mixing some beans from Africa with some from Asia, or some South American with some Indian. As a starting point, try using some Brazilian Arabica and blending with a coffee from India, with the Brazilian forming about 60-70 per cent of the blend.

You can even get wonderful blends by using two different roasts of the same coffee. If one is darker than another, you will get different tastes mix together in the cup. It's like golf, easy to pick up, but a lifetime to master.
LucyCB

Postby percival » 02 Oct 2012, 05:23

I like the Arabica type,but wouldn't mix one Arabica grown at a plantation with another - I did it once, and didn't like the result, so my choice would be: no other mixing than it was foreseen by the growers.
percival

Postby jesse » 21 Nov 2012, 03:40

How could you mix them? Every type of coffee has its own taste that shouldn't be mixed with any other - in order not to spoil it.
jesse

Postby baristaunderground » 02 Jan 2017, 22:08

I don't like the mixture of the 2 things cos but the things has it's own taste :)
Code: Select all
https://www.baristaunderground.com/products/ghirardelli-chocolate-sauce
baristaunderground

Return to Coffee Roasting, Grinding, Brewing; Equipment; Industry