New machine

From A to Z; Talk us about your coffee equipment experience

New machine

Postby cherry » 22 Feb 2010, 12:08

I have no issues telling my youngest that coffee is my "go juice", but since the man of the house loves it even more than me I am thinking of surprising him with a new machine. The bad part is that I have no idea what I am shopping for, I need some help. :((
cherry

Re: New machine

Postby paula » 23 Feb 2010, 02:47

Hi cherry! Do you mean a coffee making machine? If yes, then think a little what type of coffee you like and how often you intend to use it and the budget you're ready to spend on it....
Try looking at Cuisinart. Their prices are good and the range of goods they provide you with are very large, at least I like it a lot :-)
Be a coffee-drinking individual - espresso yourself!
paula

Postby ginga » 24 Feb 2010, 06:50

Hi Cherry,

Buying a coffee machine is not as simple as we'd wish it to be.. But if you break this problem into simpler parts, it will be much easier.
So, most people say that you must first decide on several things:
1) do you need an espresso machine, drip, filter or percolator, etc.
2) where and when you plan to use it and what size do you need
3) how long you may want your coffee sit in the pot
4) and of course what amount you plan to invest

Good luck!
Caffeine isn't a drug, it's a vitamin!
ginga
old member
old member

Postby cherry » 25 Feb 2010, 13:12

I have no idea what my budget is, but for the sake of it, lets say not as much as a car is. :)

He likes dark thick coffees, I like my Starbucks Vanilla. No idea what I am really shopping for but something that works for the both of us?
cherry

Postby peter » 26 Feb 2010, 07:42

Is this a surprise to him or you can ask him for help? I mean you both can think of a machine that will both meet his needs and your budget....Just advising, you know ;)
A morning without coffee is like sleep
peter
old member
old member

Postby snurky » 01 Mar 2010, 03:07

It sounds like you need one of these machines that makes a variety of coffees. We have just bought ours from Amazon for a very reasonable price so I'd suggest looking there. Ours makes just really good filter coffee as we prefer our coffee strong and unflavored.
snurky

Postby DecafMom » 10 Sep 2010, 10:36

I don't know what to tell you for your needs, but I have a 12 cup programmable that I got at a catalog overstock store. My mom, on the other hand, swears by her percolator that sits on the stove.
DecafMom

Return to Coffee Roasting, Grinding, Brewing; Equipment; Industry