Kona coffee really that good

What country is your coffee from?

Kona coffee really that good

Postby caffeineneeded » 11 Jun 2011, 07:23

Is 100% Kona coffee really that much better? I have seen some kona coffee with outrageous prices and I just wonder if it is really that much better. Has anyone bought really expensive Kona coffee and found it worth the price?
caffeineneeded

Re: Kona coffee really that good

Postby Brewster » 11 Jun 2011, 08:40

I haven't bought any, can't recall ever having drank any either. I tend to avoid hyped brands though. I have a jar of instant in the pantry, which shows I'm no coffee snob!
Brewster

Postby jesse » 20 Jun 2012, 03:02

I know that this type of coffee is one of the most expensive, and I would really pay its price if only I knew that at least half of this money went to the growers, and since I know they receive a peanuts after all their hard labour, I won't give a cent on that coffee.
jesse

Postby paul77 » 06 Jul 2012, 02:24

Have you ever seen how much is Kopi Luwak coffee? They say it is worth the price but I doubt I would ever want to buy animal droppings for the huge price they ask for it ;)
Black as midnight on a moonless night
paul77
old member
old member

Postby RobinBailey » 13 Jul 2012, 23:08

It's great! \m/
RobinBailey

Postby peter » 17 May 2013, 01:41

Better than what? I think it's good and even perfect, but only if you buy it from a reliable supplier who won't sell you a fake at a crazy price. :-o
A morning without coffee is like sleep
peter
old member
old member

Postby helena » 05 Jun 2013, 02:45

Better than what? I know a lot of other coffees which are the best, to my mind. So could you please specify why is Kona coffee better than anything else in the coffee world?
I make serious coffee - so strong it wakes up the neighbors
helena
old member
old member

Postby Derek » 18 Sep 2013, 02:42

May I ask you better than what? Then Jamaican Blue Mountain or maybe even Kopi luwak's coffee? :d
The powers of a man's mind are directly proportioned to the quantity of coffee he drinks - Sir James Mackintosh
Derek

Postby percival » 24 Jan 2014, 02:56

caffeineneeded wrote:Is 100% Kona coffee really that much better? I have seen some kona coffee with outrageous prices and I just wonder if it is really that much better. Has anyone bought really expensive Kona coffee and found it worth the price?

Better than what? Kona is another name for Arabica coffee, it has a limited production and is cultivated on the slopes of Hualalai and Mauna Loa in the North and South Kona Districts of the Big Island of Hawaii only. It is often combined with coffees from other growing regions, that is why it is so hard to buy pure coffee.
percival

Return to Coffee Origins