Fast Food Chains and Iced Coffee

Talk about everything you like HERE!

Fast Food Chains and Iced Coffee

Postby Kristin » 24 May 2012, 15:42

I don't know why, but for the past week or so, I have been craving iced coffee! I've never actually tried iced coffee, but like I said, it's been on my mind for several days. I've been thinking about hitting the drive-thru of a local fast food chain and trying their coffee. We have every fast food chain you can think of within 10 minutes of our house, so can anyone suggest the best iced coffee?
Kristin

Re: Fast Food Chains and Iced Coffee

Postby Beans » 25 May 2012, 05:29

My favorite coffee,iced or otherwise, would be from Starbucks but McDonald's has decent iced coffee as well. I used to hate cold coffee when I was younger but I think it is delicious now. I drink it quite often at home.
Beans

Postby ilikeitblack » 27 May 2012, 13:29

Iced coffee today means a sweet, mocha type drink topped with whipped cream and drizzled with cholocate or caramel. Iced coffee used to mean black coffee poured over ice. There are many places that serve iced coffee today and some are better than others.
ilikeitblack

Postby Kristin » 27 May 2012, 18:56

Beans wrote:My favorite coffee,iced or otherwise, would be from Starbucks but McDonald's has decent iced coffee as well. I used to hate cold coffee when I was younger but I think it is delicious now. I drink it quite often at home.

I've never had coffee from either Starbucks or McDonald's, so thanks for those suggestions! We actually don't have a Starbucks in our town yet, although they are supposed to start construction on one any day now, but we have about 3 McDonald's and they are all within 10 minutes of the house, so I'll have to try McDonald's iced coffee when I'm in town again. Thanks!
Kristin

Postby jennyffer777 » 11 Mar 2013, 04:18

I think you could prepare iced coffee yourself.

Here's a recipe:

Easy Iced Coffee

2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
1 teaspoon sugar
3 tablespoons warm water
6 fluid ounces cold milk

Directions
In sealable jar, combine instant coffee, sugar and warm water. Cover the jar and shake until it is foamy. Pour into a glass full of ice. Fill the glass with milk. Adjust to taste if necessary.

Enjoy!
Coffee & Love Taste Best When Hot
jennyffer777
old member
old member

Postby peter » 10 Jun 2013, 03:16

It's tasty but if you prefer your coffee black and hot, you won't be able to drink iced coffee for a very long time.
A morning without coffee is like sleep
peter
old member
old member

Return to Off- topic