What do you think about Folgers coffee?

Say what you like about certain coffee drink

What do you think about Folgers coffee?

Postby George » 24 Mar 2011, 23:55

Folgers is the coffee my parents often drank. When I tried some I never thought it was terrible, but it wasn't memorable to me either. Does anyone still drink this regularly?
George

Re: What do you think about Folgers coffee?

Postby HCafe » 28 Mar 2011, 22:18

My brother just gave me a container of Folgers Ground Coffee - Black Silk, so I find myself brewing a lot these days. I guess the bold flavor works just fine for me. But for the instant ones, I usually go for Maxwell or Nescafe.
HCafe

Postby George » 31 Mar 2011, 23:28

I'm glad to hear that they have a good variety, I'll have to try that Black Silk. It's been a while since I drank any Folgers, so I'm anxious to see how it is now. I agree with you about Nescafe, they have some nice choices for instant coffee.
George

Postby Kristin » 14 May 2012, 16:40

My parents always drank Folgers coffee, so it's the first brand of coffee I ever tried. These days, I prefer to drink decaf coffee, and in my opinion, Folgers has a good decaf blend, so I buy it when it's on sale. The rest of the time, I drink Great Value decaf coffee, which is Walmart's brand.
Kristin

Postby Beans » 17 May 2012, 04:27

I am a whole bean kind of girl, myself. I only drink Folgers or other ground coffees when I am forced to. I think given a choice between Folgers and Maxwell House though I would definitely choose Folgers.
Beans

Postby Demitasse » 17 May 2012, 08:29

My apologies to people who like it, but I think Folger's is vile. It's the worst example of the Robusta species. Arabica and Robusta are the two species of coffee that make up the coffee market. High class restaurants, classy cafes and coffee snobs drink Arabica. Arabica is the only one of the two species that people proudly proclaim that they serve or sell. You see the name Arabica everywhere someone wants to attract customers. No one brags about serving Robusta. It is a silent name and for good reason. :ymsick:

Again, my apologies.
Demitasse

Return to Coffee Reviews