Arabica

What country is your coffee from?

Arabica

Postby frenchvanilla » 28 Dec 2010, 05:46

My coffee maker is a Keurig® Mini-Plus Personal Coffee Maker and the coffee I have in it currently is 100% Arabica. I have the Kahlua Non-alcoholic flavored kind with it and it is pretty yummy!
frenchvanilla

Re: Arabica

Postby SanchoPancho » 30 Dec 2010, 02:21

Good choice! you did well! \m/
Coffee Should be Black as Hell, Strong as Death, and Sweet as Love
SanchoPancho
old member
old member

Postby peter » 05 Jan 2011, 06:31

I have a Bunn Cup Reservoir coffee maker and like it a lot. It goes with any coffee I brew in it :d
A morning without coffee is like sleep
peter
old member
old member

Postby helena » 13 Jan 2011, 03:55

I think any coffee will go with your coffeemaker, even some Starbucks blend if they give you their recipe;) But do you really need it? ;)
I make serious coffee - so strong it wakes up the neighbors
helena
old member
old member

Postby MoffeeCoff » 30 Mar 2012, 23:10

Arabica is a wise choice. I love it, especially the non-alcoholic flavor. :)
MoffeeCoff

Postby Tentan » 03 Apr 2012, 06:09

I like Arabica better than Columbian. And I prefer dark roasts to the fruitier flavored "French" roast.
Tentan

Postby Demitasse » 14 May 2012, 07:48

Arabica is a species of coffee, Columbian is the country in which a particular coffee is grown. So coffee can be Arabica and Columbian too.

North Americans have a choice of two kinds of species of coffee. Arabica and Robusta. Arabica is very smooth and is considered higher quality and more desirable than Robusta. It is the species that is used most often in specialty coffee shops including Starbucks and is usually more expensive. Robusta tastes grittier and is used most often in places like employee cafeterias, truck stop diners, instant coffee and all-grind pre-ground coffee. The traditional Maxwell House is a good example of Robusta.

Otherwise both Arabica and Robusta are grown in Colombia for both markets. Names like Columbian, Ethiopian, Indonesian, Guatemalan, Mexican, etc. are different types of coffee grown in different countries. They may have slightly different flavors depending on how they are grown and the climate and soil of that country, but they would have to be either of the Arabica or Robusta species.

Sorry if I sound like a know-it-all :d but I got a book about this one Christmas.
Demitasse

Return to Coffee Origins