What's the best coffee grinder for home use?

From A to Z; Talk us about your coffee equipment experience

What's the best coffee grinder for home use?

Postby caffeineneeded » 22 Feb 2011, 06:36

What is the best grinder you have found for home use. We are currently using a magic bullet to grind our coffee at home and it is just not working out the best for us. What is the best grinder you have found?
caffeineneeded

Re: What's the best coffee grinder for home use?

Postby peter » 17 Mar 2011, 06:51

Every grinder I've ever tried was good for me; I wouldn't change them but all of them became too old with time, so I was obliged to buy more and more new grinders. The thing is I am too modest when talking about the right type of coffee grind - I like almost everything my grinders do for me, so it depends on each person's taste :d
A morning without coffee is like sleep
peter
old member
old member

Postby sophia » 07 Aug 2011, 17:29

A good grinder can really make break your gourmet coffee beans. In fact, fair beans ground properly will make better coffee than the best beans smashed to powder. We know budget is important, but with electric coffee grinders you should really go with a good burr coffee grinder even though they are generally more expensive than the blade grinders. Quite simply, you will like your coffee better when you grind it with a burr coffee grinder, whether grinding beans for a drip coffee maker or an espresso machine.
sophia

Postby Kencovending » 11 Aug 2011, 02:56

Hi there

Nice the answer up to satisfying.
Kencovending

Postby violet » 04 Sep 2011, 19:32

Choosing a grinder for home is not easy when you consider there is such a price difference between many household brands and the smaller compact models manufactured by the commercial brands for the domestic market. If you want to make the best grounds, Burr grinders are by far the top model to buy for home use. This type of grinder has a pair of motor driven plates with pyramid-shaped teeth that grind the beans to an even small granule. With the better models they allow the operator to adjust both the size of the grain and the speed of the grinding which is important if you want to get your coffee grounds just right.

The really serious coffee aficionados will always prefer a burr grinder over any other even though they can be noisier to operate. The reason for this is because this type of grinder allows for the most control of bean grain size from coarse to fine through being able to adjust the speed. The best of the conical burr grinders can rotate as slowly as 500rpm.
violet

Postby garyspeed » 01 Jan 2012, 21:45

What is the best grinder found for home use. Currently we use magic bullet with fine finely grind our coffee at home and simply not work best for us. What is the best grinder found?
garyspeed

Postby MoffeeCoff » 20 Feb 2012, 03:02

I'm not sure which is the ideal model but Baratza produces a handful of types - and they all fit into average budget, fit into your kitchen (very compact) and aren't disruptive decibel-wise.
MoffeeCoff

Postby HalfCafReviews » 22 Feb 2012, 05:46

As stated above, I'm going to go with Burr grinders for optimum results. They are a cheap, quick-n-dirty solution to your grinding needs. Each grinder has its own "style," but generally these are best for all-around, general purpose jobs. Baratza is a good choice, though pricey. Stay away from your mass-chain grinders (Hamilton-Beach, Krups, etc) since they don't really give a flying flip. You can get a good grinder at a bargain if you look carefully (which won't take that much time, honestly). Just be aware of what you're looking for. Hope that helps!

Cheers!

Brandon @ HalfCafReviews
HalfCafReviews

Postby LucyCB » 02 May 2012, 01:46

It depends on how much of a coffee snob you want to be. The Rancilio Rocky is awesome if you ask me, but I'm becoming more and more picky about these things.

If you don't want to spend that sort of money I hear that Sunbeam make fairly good grinders for the price. Generally speaking people advise you get a burr grinder. IMHO if you're not making espresso then you can just use a cheap blade grinder.
LucyCB

Postby Carasteve » 02 Apr 2018, 19:56

Spice grinder of 2 types I got: manual and electric. The Quiseen is the most easiest and best spice grinder in electric type I have ever used, just need one-touch press then all I have to do is wait, which also can fully grind.The reason I also choose manual-Bazaar is I need to use fresh powder for food and drink as well as the small amount of grinding. Both of them are my high recommended with cheap price, just the cost-effective types.
best spice grinder reviews->> www.cfone.net/best-spice-grinder-reviews-2018.html
Carasteve

Return to Coffee Roasting, Grinding, Brewing; Equipment; Industry