Advising others on their technique

The role it plays in your everyday life

Advising others on their technique

Postby Brewster » 05 Jun 2011, 21:34

I've recently gotten friendly with a new neighbor and she's invited me round for coffee a couple of times. I really like her and think she could become a good friend, but her coffee is awful! I haven't seen her make it but it's so weak and yet bitter at the same time. I need advice on how to get round this!
Brewster

Re: Advising others on their technique

Postby paul77 » 06 Jul 2012, 03:12

Invite her to try your coffee and show her how you prepare it - she could think of a better way of brewing then she did before ;)

And here's wat I've found today, a recipe you could easily prepare for your family I'm sure thay will immediately fall in love it :-) :

Easy Apple Coffee Cake

1 (18.25-ounce) package yellow, carrot or spice cake mix
3 eggs

1/2 teaspoon cinnamon if using yellow cake mix

1 (21-ounce) can apple pie filling

3/4 cup packed brown sugar

1 tablespoon all-purpose flour

1 tablespoon butter

1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 9-by-13-inch baking pan.

In a large bowl, mix the dry cake mix, eggs and cinnamon. Fold in the apple pie filling. Pour into the prepared pan. In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, flour, butter, cinnamon and nuts. Sprinkle over the top of the batter. Bake 35 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Makes 24 servings.

Variations: Try other flavors of pie filling such as cherry (add 1/2 teaspoon almond extract) or blueberry (skip the cinnamon).

Enjoy!
Black as midnight on a moonless night
paul77
old member
old member

Postby LucyCB » 11 Jul 2012, 04:37

Awww, that's a tricky situation! It's important not to offend her. I agree with paul77 , you should let her try your coffee and may be she'll get the difference!
LucyCB

Postby Tentan » 10 Sep 2012, 03:37

Maybe, you'll ask for a soda instead of coffee next time you go to your neighbor's place?
Tentan

Postby lulu33 » 20 Mar 2013, 03:24

That's a good advice, and I would also join the others telling you that you should better invite her to your place, and show her what a good coffee really means. ;)

Tentan wrote:Maybe, you'll ask for a soda instead of coffee next time you go to your neighbor's place?
lulu33
old member
old member

Postby jesse » 31 May 2013, 03:03

Never accept drinking coffee at her house, try asking for tea or plain water instead. ;)
jesse

Postby peter » 10 Jun 2013, 03:13

Try to tell her about this softly, and if you notice that she doesn't accept your advice, just back off and continue your friendship. It's much more important. ;)
A morning without coffee is like sleep
peter
old member
old member

Return to Coffee In Your Life