Coffee helps stimulate metabolism

Discuss coffee impact on health

Coffee helps stimulate metabolism

Postby starbuck » 29 May 2011, 11:17

I am a dietician, and I wanted to say something to you guys that I think many of you will want to hear. Coffee can actually help aid in weight loss because since Caffeine is a stimulant, it will get the CNS (central nervous system) going at a faster pace, and actually help digest faster. Though I hate to say that you cancel the effect if you load your coffee up with unhealthy cremes and sugars.
starbuck

Re: Coffee helps stimulate metabolism

Postby Brewster » 29 May 2011, 21:59

I'm not a sugar in drinks fan so that's no problem. This is great news, but I think I probably undo any benefit by having something delicious to eat with the coffee!
Brewster

Postby Vulcanit » 01 Jun 2011, 05:19

Good to hear!
Vulcanit

Postby driven » 02 Jun 2011, 11:51

I am quitting smoking and so far have gained 2 lbs. I know that doesn't sound like that but I can see that turning in to 20 over time. Glad to hear coffee might help me fight the weight gain.
driven

Postby robin » 05 Jun 2011, 02:23

Brewster wrote:I'm not a sugar in drinks fan so that's no problem. This is great news, but I think I probably undo any benefit by having something delicious to eat with the coffee!

You mean to say you take your coffee without any sweetener? It is great to hear that coffee aids in metabolism but I am one person thant needs to gain some pounds.
robin

Postby starbuck » 08 Jun 2011, 13:56

robin wrote:
Brewster wrote:I'm not a sugar in drinks fan so that's no problem. This is great news, but I think I probably undo any benefit by having something delicious to eat with the coffee!

You mean to say you take your coffee without any sweetener? It is great to hear that coffee aids in metabolism but I am one person thant needs to gain some pounds.

Yes - when I am bulking up, I will sometimes have coffee or tea with sugar postworkout for an insulin spike. But you shouldn't want to gain some pounds in fat, you should focus on eating more calories, but in healthier foods.
starbuck

Postby robin » 11 Jun 2011, 05:21

starbuck wrote:
robin wrote:

Yes - when I am bulking up, I will sometimes have coffee or tea with sugar postworkout for an insulin spike. But you shouldn't want to gain some pounds in fat, you should focus on eating more calories, but in healthier foods.

I couldn't agree any more with you. Eating healthy is one thing most people overlook but I realized this is something very easy that can easily become routine.
robin

Postby caffeineneeded » 11 Jun 2011, 07:26

This is a wonderful post to read as I drink my third mug this morning. I do like cream and sweetener in my coffee, but I do skim milk and stevia instead of sugar and half and half.
caffeineneeded

Postby starbuck » 15 Jun 2011, 08:10

caffeineneeded wrote:This is a wonderful post to read as I drink my third mug this morning. I do like cream and sweetener in my coffee, but I do skim milk and stevia instead of sugar and half and half.

That's good. Skim milk is very healthy and is filled with proteins, and stevia isn't going to raise blood glucose so high like normal sugar. Excellent choice, caffeineneeded.
starbuck

Postby Tentan » 19 Mar 2012, 07:11

My advice to you - drink plain coffee, without ice-cream or milk, or else the coffee-induced metabolism is not going to help you.
Tentan

Postby MoffeeCoff » 13 Apr 2012, 05:04

Interesting discussions are going on. Well, I would like to add here that Coffee may give you a short-term boost in your metabolic rate, but take it in moderation, and try not to add too much sugar or creamer.
MoffeeCoff

Postby LucyCB » 13 Apr 2012, 06:29

Well, it does. but only temporarily.
LucyCB

Postby Java12 » 27 May 2012, 06:20

The metabolism effects of caffeine are very small; do not rely on them for weight loss. Plus the more caffeine you drink, the more your body gets used to it, making any metabolic benefits even more negligible.
Java12

Postby Kristin » 27 May 2012, 18:59

starbuck wrote:I am a dietician, and I wanted to say something to you guys that I think many of you will want to hear. Coffee can actually help aid in weight loss because since Caffeine is a stimulant, it will get the CNS (central nervous system) going at a faster pace, and actually help digest faster. Though I hate to say that you cancel the effect if you load your coffee up with unhealthy cremes and sugars.

I always wondered if caffeinated beverages like coffee stimulated the metabolism enough to boost weight loss! Thanks for confirming this! However, between the vanilla-flavored creamer and the sugar I add to it, I have to say my coffee hasn't helped me lose any weight!
Kristin

Postby Beans » 28 May 2012, 08:56

I had heard this awhile back and it is good news. I do put cream in my coffee but usually not much and always sugar free. It is important to note too that you should still drink coffee in moderation.
Beans

Postby Philip » 20 Jun 2012, 04:48

A couple of cups of black coffee in a day will boost your metabolism. The metabolism boost only lasts for an hour and a half or so, but those are precious hours of burning fat. Coffee stimulates your senses and thanks to its caffeine content which stimulates metabolism and supports mental alertness and concentration.
Philip

Postby kyne08 » 31 Jan 2017, 22:02

Yeah sure i can help you just visit this link and get information as you want.

Comprar bosu
kyne08

Postby Fleur » 04 Nov 2017, 03:23

The question is... does you metabolis slows down to below the average when coffee effects stops? )
Fleur

Return to Coffee Health