Drinks with caffeine other than coffee

Talk about everything you like HERE!

Drinks with caffeine other than coffee

Postby George » 30 Mar 2011, 21:45

When I was a teenager and in my early twenties, I loved energy drinks. I drank coffee in the morning, but if I was tired in the afternoon, I loved a good energy drink. As I'm getting older, the appeal is totally gone. I don't totally understand it. I guess I just prefer the taste of coffee now, and it almost has a smoother energy buzz, if that makes sense. Also, with all the other stuff they put in those other drinks, I have to figure coffee is healthier, which is more of a concern to me these days.
George

Re: Drinks with caffeine other than coffee

Postby paul77 » 31 Mar 2011, 07:00

Well, I used to love drinking something harder than coffee and tea too, but as they say, people tend to get wiser with years (tough some not ;) ) and so did I.
Black as midnight on a moonless night
paul77
old member
old member

Postby George » 01 Apr 2011, 23:31

Paul77, I think you summed it up nicely. I can hardly believe it, but maybe I actually did get wiser with years. I never thought it would happen, but I'm sure my stomach appreciates it. I think it was the combination of that and the overly jittery buzz that made me switch to the better, more natural drink that is coffee.
George

Postby MaCoffee » 02 Apr 2011, 11:53

I've never tried energy drinks or anything like that, even in college when I probably could have used them. I was always afraid I'd give myself a heart attack or something. :(( I'm glad you stopped! I don't think energy drinks are very healthy, not at all.
MaCoffee

Postby HCafe » 07 Apr 2011, 00:58

I don't drink energy drinks either. I'm not a fan of the taste. It's like there's a tinge of medicine in it...Maybe the energy drink brand that I tasted was a bad one. :)) I think energy drinks contain a lot of caffeine and sugar, so that's another reason why these drinks are not my favorite.
HCafe

Postby tomsa » 13 May 2011, 07:14

I've never tried energy drinks or anything like that, even in college when I probably could have used them. :d
Hello everybody....
tomsa

Postby robin » 08 Jun 2011, 07:59

I am with you in this. I never once tried any energy drink after my first taste. I do not know if it is do with the taste or something but I never fancied them from the very beginning.
robin

Return to Off- topic