Coffee causes heart palpitations

Discuss coffee impact on health

Coffee causes heart palpitations

Postby Caffeinated » 01 Apr 2011, 19:08

Has anyone else experienced this? I used to drink strong coffee with espresso shots in it for the longest time then suddenly one day I started getting heart palpitations. It's really a scary thing and I'm not sure if it has to do with age or just coffee burnout. hahaha. Does anyone else have a simlar story to share?
Caffeinated

Re: Coffee causes heart palpitations

Postby Brewster » 02 Apr 2011, 06:15

I think that really strong coffee will give you palpitations because of the caffeine rush. It's like a super dose of adrenalin for your body. I avoid espresso for that reason. Adding it to an already strong cup of coffee makes my hands tremble just thinking about it! :-o I hope you quit that habit and are okay now.
Brewster

Postby George » 02 Apr 2011, 20:38

Brewster is right, I think it's all about the caffeine. Caffeinated, you're probably right as far as age goes too though. When I was younger I could handle so much more caffeine than I can now. It's not that you should never drink espresso or strong coffee again. If you cut it back some, you'll probably be fine.
George

Postby HCafe » 03 Apr 2011, 23:16

I must say that it's the caffeine which triggers the palpitations. Caffeine consumption has always been linked to heart palpitations...From what I've read, some people are sensitive to caffeine. Others are slow-caffeine metabolizers, so the palpitations may be their bodies' reaction to the caffeine rush...I've had similar experience, so I'm a bit cautions about my coffee intake.
HCafe

Postby michael » 22 Oct 2013, 02:09

No, it doesn't, and I hope it won't bother me soon.
Coffee is the best thing to douse the sunrise with
michael
old member
old member

Postby peter » 26 Feb 2014, 07:05

Oh, no, I hope it doesn't as I really like my cup of joe, and wouldn't want to have heart attacks because of it. :d
A morning without coffee is like sleep
peter
old member
old member

Return to Coffee Health