Coffee makes you live longer?

Discuss coffee impact on health

Coffee makes you live longer?

Postby driven » 08 Mar 2011, 12:18

I love this topic because half of the people say coffee will kill you and the other half say it is good for you. I just read an article that said that people who drink 4-6 cups of coffee a day live longer! I love my coffee so I am going with that one. :)
driven

Re: Coffee makes you live longer?

Postby chocaloca » 09 Mar 2011, 03:27

It makes you laugh doesn't it? I think you and I both choose to believe the hype that fits with what we want. I discount the articles that tell me that something I like is bad for me. It's just as well we have so many differing opinions to choose from. :))
chocaloca

Postby driven » 09 Mar 2011, 09:59

Yeah, it does give me a laugh, but I am with you. Other wise I would be torn between two sides, feel guilty and be torn. I'd rather enjoy each and every day and be happy!
driven

Postby JavaJunkie » 11 Mar 2011, 06:00

From what I found the research is mixed on it but I see it this way. Coffee is a bean/plant. It's natural and really not very processed or laden with additives or odd food colorings (like blue!?). I believe that in moderation, like all things, it won't be detrimental. Probably the caffeine is the only thing, as it is addictive. Go ahead ... pour another cup. ~o)
JavaJunkie

Postby driven » 12 Mar 2011, 12:38

Well, you might be right. Since they said 6 cups a day made you live longer I tried 6 cups a day and WOAH! Hah, I love my coffee but that is way too much for me!
driven

Postby Robusto » 24 Mar 2011, 07:52

LOL, 6 cups that's way too much, I agree :)
However I'm sure that natural coffee (not instant) is much better for health then coke or any other pop
Robusto

Return to Coffee Health