Coffee and children

The role it plays in your everyday life

Coffee and children

Postby DecafMom » 05 Sep 2010, 19:52

So, do you let your children drink coffee when you make a pot? My parents didn't let my brother and I drink it, but I have allowed my children to (they all like it). Of course, most of the time I make decaf (thus my username) :)
DecafMom

Re: Coffee and children

Postby Nicky » 06 Sep 2010, 02:14

We know that coffee has some negative effect (not so useful as fresh juice)
And in ours 'fast food days', it is necessary to protect our children against harmful food as much as possible.
so... my answer is No, but cocoa - YES! =)
Some things in life are better rich. . . coffee, chocolate, men.
Nicky
old member
old member

Postby morning buzz » 06 Sep 2010, 10:27

My children would not even be interested in a cup of coffee. For some reason they don’t even like the smell of it. I remember my son wanted a sip one time and I let him he says “yuk”. So I don’t have to worry about that right now. They are pretty young.
morning buzz

Postby Mulderr » 09 Sep 2010, 16:04

My 11 year old daughter had asked for some awhile back and I let her try it. The only way she'd drink it, is if it was half French Vanilla creamer and half coffee. But she's lost interest since then.
Mulderr

Postby CoffeeLover » 17 Sep 2010, 02:56

Starbucks Coffee Baby - because he drinks coffee with mother's milk :d
I like to move it, MOVE IT
CoffeeLover
old member
old member

Postby Bella » 01 Nov 2010, 05:26

My son, almost 12, keeps talking about great it smells, etc, and gets excited if I get a new creamer flavor. He actually will search for creamers that I have not tried yet for me. I offered to give him a sip one day and he looked at me like I was crazy. He opted to stick to water and on his swim meet days, his Powerade. I don't drink coffee everyday, though, either. Usually 2-3 times a week...shocking, I know. :)
Bella

Postby CoffeeJunkie » 08 Jan 2011, 08:52

CoffeeLover, that is too funny :)) . I suppose my little baby can claim the same thing. As for my other kids, yes, they like coffee. In fact, the caffeine actually helps my oldest with his ADD.
CoffeeJunkie

Postby Icemocha » 09 Jan 2011, 08:00

I don't have kids but my little nieces love to have coffee every so often. They are 7 and 11. I know that coffee is supposed to have some sort of negative affect on them, but I don't really know what. They only drink a cup at most, and just think of it as a different-tasting cocoa. Now, I wouldn't feed little babies coffee, but 5 and up, I see no problem as long as you watch how much they drink.
Icemocha

Return to Coffee In Your Life