Difference between cappuccino and coffee makers?

From A to Z; Talk us about your coffee equipment experience

Difference between cappuccino and coffee makers?

Postby Icemocha » 14 Dec 2010, 13:52

I was wondering if there was an actual difference between the two, because I often see a lot of cappuccino/expresso makers go for a much higher price than the cheap coffee maker I use. It looks like Expresso makers have different accessories but are they needed? Is it worth buying a $89 dollar cappuccino machine versus a $10 coffee maker?
Icemocha

Re: Difference between cappuccino and coffee makers?

Postby CoffeeJunkie » 02 Jan 2011, 08:53

The difference between an espresso/cappuccino machine and a regular coffee maker is how concentrated the brew is. An espresso machine will make a very concentrated and very strong coffee product. These machines also generally come with a frother to make a latte. If all you're wanting is regular old coffee, I would just go with the standard coffee maker.
CoffeeJunkie

Postby sophia » 25 Jun 2011, 00:06

There are so many different stylish coffee maker appliances to choose from, in all different colors and varying price ranges. Buying your own coffee maker machine will save you money and time in your morning routine. Some of these machines are also capable of being cappuccino makers and espresso coffee makers and besides being so versatile, they have the added bonus of improving the look of your kitchen.
Last edited by sophia on 17 Jul 2011, 13:08, edited 1 time in total.
sophia

Postby jennyffer777 » 08 Jul 2011, 05:37

I think the expensive espresso machines are for people who have a little more money than we have, for those who are going crazy on things like that or cafes that need such devices to serve their customers with worthy coffee and not lose their face. ;)
Coffee & Love Taste Best When Hot
jennyffer777
old member
old member

Postby violet » 01 Sep 2011, 22:22

The difference between Cappuccino/Espresso & all other methods of making coffee is the use of PRESSURE to force the hot water through the coffee. The use of pressure, combined with a fine grind to hold the pressure, results in a lot more being extracted from the coffee than with non-pressurised methods. If the beans are fresh, this will produce a crema on the top of the coffee. The crema should be golden in colour, not whitish or brown, and should be made up of bubbles so fine that they can barely be seen, except across the light.
violet

Postby garyspeed » 01 Jan 2012, 21:46

The difference between an espresso/cappuccino machine and an ordinary coffee maker is how BREW is concentrated. An espresso machine to make a very concentrated and very strong coffee product.
garyspeed

Postby annekatie » 11 Aug 2016, 07:17

I have been search for this term a few time and I found this resource. You can refer this home espresso coffee maker reviews to compare them.
annekatie

Return to Coffee Roasting, Grinding, Brewing; Equipment; Industry