Can Coffee Kill You?

Discuss coffee impact on health

Can Coffee Kill You?

Postby Icemocha » 17 Dec 2010, 16:18

I watched this one episode of "1000 Ways to Die" (it is a bit grotesque sometimes), where one lady died when she drank too many energy drinks while she was raging at her boss. I was wondering if the same situation would have happened had she been drinking a lot of coffee instead.

After all, doesn't coffee do the same thing that energy drinks do? They have caffeine, and you could possibly put a lot of sugar into a cup of coffee. Would drinking too much and getting too much caffeine in your system cause you to die under heightened states of stress?
Icemocha

Re: Can Coffee Kill You?

Postby maria » 21 Dec 2010, 04:19

Anything could cause your death, Icemocha: from bread to nuts, etc. ;) But I don't think coffee is as harmless as energy drinks are. It is a natural product, as opposed to energy drinks, and can only cause you some trouble when taken in great quantities, but that can happen with any other product.
maria
old member
old member

Postby sweetener » 23 Dec 2010, 00:18

Everything that is taken too much can harm you. If you are diabetic and you added so much sugar in the coffee then that can surely kill you.

About 1000 ways to die, sometimes I think some of those stories are just urban legends and not really the truth.
sweetener

Postby Nicky » 24 Dec 2010, 07:05

cant if it is in small quantity!!! in quantities it is always bad
Some things in life are better rich. . . coffee, chocolate, men.
Nicky
old member
old member

Postby Icemocha » 25 Dec 2010, 12:35

But what defines too much in coffee drinking? How many pots per day would be considered too much and actually dangerous for your health? For example, my grandparents drink nothing but coffee. They drink at least three full pots a day. I don't think it's healthy but I've yet to see them suffer from drinking that much per day.
Icemocha

Postby CoffeeLover » 30 Dec 2010, 01:35

Absence of coffee can kill ;) ;) ;) :-h \m/
I like to move it, MOVE IT
CoffeeLover
old member
old member

Postby Nicky » 05 Jan 2011, 04:37

CoffeeLover wrote:Absence of coffee can kill

YES!!! you are right 100%!!!
Some things in life are better rich. . . coffee, chocolate, men.
Nicky
old member
old member

Postby JavaJunkie » 26 Feb 2011, 20:08

maria wrote:Anything could cause your death, Icemocha: from bread to nuts, etc. ;) But I don't think coffee is as harmless as energy drinks are. It is a natural product, as opposed to energy drinks, and can only cause you some trouble when taken in great quantities, but that can happen with any other product.

That's right Maria, too much water can kill you too. It's all about moderation. And moderation... when it comes to coffee, is definitely not fun. :YMDEVIL: But, caffeine can surely speed up your heart rate if you drink too much of it.
JavaJunkie

Postby starbuck » 29 May 2011, 11:19

Sure, as mentioned water can kill you by flooding the cells and causing a burst. Anything can kill you if you overdo it, including coffee. That's why I suggest that you don't drink more than 2-3 glasses of Coffee at once simply because it can really get your heart going at a fast pace, especially if you are already overweight or obese.
starbuck

Postby Vulcanit » 01 Jun 2011, 05:22

Anything can kill you, it is important to be moderate and not to think about what can kill you too much ^)
Vulcanit

Postby Philip » 20 Jun 2012, 05:33

Well, for me, death is not all about the food and drink we take. If it is your time, then death will come. The reasons why the persons died are only the instruments to know what the causes of their death are. Everything has its advantage and disadvantage, so I don’t believe that coffee can kill you.
Philip

Postby LucyCB » 17 Aug 2012, 02:34

I've just imagined a horror movie with the title 'Killer Coffee' or something like that, that would be hilarious! :)) Honestly, how can you drink coffee and think something like that? :)
LucyCB

Postby Roberta » 09 Jan 2013, 07:44

Why would it kill you? Does it have some poison in it or anything else? ;)
HI, my name's Roberta but friends call me Berta! :)
Roberta

Postby stephen12 » 13 Feb 2014, 19:01

I believe that coffee can't kill. The doctor or somebody may say that coffee is the reason why 1 or many persons died, but it is not true. Maybe it is an instrument so that somebody can tell the cause of his/her death, but without a doubt, the moment his/her die, it is his/her time.
stephen12

Postby jimmyjim1299 » 13 Dec 2015, 05:38

I definitely agree with some of you here that it is the lack of coffee that can actually kill and not otherwise. I've seen people becoming more energized from coffee and also read about it. It is true that when you 'drink lots of coffee you do stupid stuff with more energy' and this stupid stuff can get you killed probably, not the coffee itself.
jimmyjim1299

Postby DarrylSpiers » 07 Jan 2016, 15:04

No no coffee never kill everyone because i think coffee is best thing for your life. I also like to drink coffee. So never say that again that coffee kill anyone.
DarrylSpiers

Postby polyblend » 04 Feb 2016, 20:06

quite hard to die like that before you just puke or shit in your pants, coffee is not cocaine you won't overdose on caffeine
polyblend

Return to Coffee Health