The Sheer Smell of It

The role it plays in your everyday life

The Sheer Smell of It

Postby Icemocha » 10 Dec 2010, 09:08

I can't be the only one that wakes up to a new day with fresh coffee being made in the kitchen. It's that aroma that wakes me up more than the idea of drinking coffee. Of course, drinking it is also wonderful and really wakes me up, but it all starts at the smell. There's nothing quite like it.

I haven't tried too many different blends of coffee yet- normally I'm pretty cheap unless I feel like indulging in some fancy coffee. I was wondering if different blends have different smells, or do they all smell the same?
Icemocha

Re: The Sheer Smell of It

Postby sweetener » 12 Dec 2010, 04:11

They have different smells depending on how you prepare your coffee. I just don't know if coffees taken from different places will have different smell even if you prepare it the same way.

I also love the aroma of coffee in the morning. I agree that the smell alone can wake us up already.
sweetener

Postby CoffeeLover » 13 Dec 2010, 00:40

Hello!

I like the smell of coffee too, but I do not wake up, cause I want to fall asleep more strongly. because this smell is so pleasant :P
I like to move it, MOVE IT
CoffeeLover
old member
old member

Postby CoffeeJunkie » 22 Dec 2010, 08:04

Yes! I love it when I've actually remembered to prepare the coffee the night before and turn on the timer ~o) . It's such a warm and cozy feeling to wake up to the smell of brewed coffee. It's also funny to scare the kids b-) (I have a grind and brew, so they're sitting in the living room playing when the grinder suddenly turns on :)) )
CoffeeJunkie

Postby Joe39 » 07 Jan 2011, 16:36

I'm not a huge coffee drinker, but I do love the smell of it being brewed. And you're right, it does seem to be the only thing that can get me out of bed sometimes. I might have a cup, but after that, it's either Mountain Dew or water.
Joe39

Postby paula » 24 Jan 2011, 05:47

Well, a coffee smell never wakes me up because there's no one around to make me that morning cup :d However only that cup (which I make in a zombie condition :d :d ) saves me from being late to work ;)
As for different smells, well I think you should try lots of coffees from different sources, prepared in different ways before you begin distinguishing them....
Be a coffee-drinking individual - espresso yourself!
paula

Postby JavaJunkie » 23 Feb 2011, 04:55

Heh, I've never had a coffee aromatherapy session I didn't like. ~o) It sort of falls into the same category as fresh bread, it always evokes pleasant memories.
JavaJunkie

Return to Coffee In Your Life