Comparable to Melitta?

From A to Z; Talk us about your coffee equipment experience

Comparable to Melitta?

Postby CoffeeJunkie » 19 Dec 2010, 13:53

So, we've used the Melitta Grind and Brew for *years* and I just found out they aren't making it anymore ~x( . We tried a Hamilton Beach once, but ditched it and went straight back to the Melitta because the coffee it made just didn't taste right. Does anyone know of a good brand that makes a grind and brew?
CoffeeJunkie

Re: Comparable to Melitta?

Postby LeeDenney » 28 Mar 2012, 08:35

CoffeeJunkie,

Sure hope you've found your replacement by now...but for anyone else searching, I wanted to mention the Capresso Coffeeteam. I have the thermal model, but they make a glass one too. Hands-down makes the best tasting coffee of any of my automatic drip machines.

Grind&Brew machines can be notorious for difficulty in cleaning. I find the Capresso pretty easy to clean - have never had problems with clogging. It does a good job at protecting the grinder area from excess moisture caused by brewing.

~Lee
LeeDenney

Postby Roberta » 20 Apr 2012, 06:46

I thought the Melitta was one of the best from coffee brewing machines, and it seems I was wrong. I would also emphasize a Bunn coffeemaker - I have one at home, and I really like it :)
HI, my name's Roberta but friends call me Berta! :)
Roberta

Postby LucyCB » 25 Jun 2012, 03:14

I hear that some of the Cuisinart Grind-and-Brew coffee makers are good (especially the DGB-625BC one).
LucyCB

Postby michael » 30 Nov 2012, 07:36

So why don't you use the old machine? Is there something wrong with it? I am sure that they have created something similar, just made an update as everything goes old with time.
Coffee is the best thing to douse the sunrise with
michael
old member
old member

Postby percival » 14 Dec 2012, 06:56

Try something else - I'm sure that you will find a good coffee equipment soon!
percival

Return to Coffee Roasting, Grinding, Brewing; Equipment; Industry