Don't really know - Great Value?

What country is your coffee from?

Don't really know - Great Value?

Postby DecafMom » 13 Aug 2010, 20:10

Yeah, I know. I'm not a "coffee snob" but that is mainly because I can't afford to be! I've definitely had coffee I liked better than Walmart's generic, but at the moment that is what I can afford.

At the same time, I've stedfastly resisted even TRYING Starbucks - because I've been told that it's so good it will spoil one for any other coffee! So if they're right, I'd be ruined... and if they're wrong, I'd be disappointed LOL
DecafMom

Re: Don't really know - Great Value?

Postby Nina Maxwell » 20 Aug 2010, 02:35

Hi DecafMom. I applaud your honesty and you know at the end of the day we drink what we can manage to drink. I am sure our taste buds adjust a little anyhow. I once had to drink a fair amount of coffee with chicory and got used to it. I do like Starbucks but I wouldn't say it is the best in the world. Why not start a penny jar and save up to buy yourself a secret stash of something special?
Nina Maxwell

Postby helena » 23 Aug 2010, 03:22

Hi, girls! I never considered Starbucks makes good coffee. They simply sell under their trademark everything what anyone else sells. They may be roasting their own type of coffee but their business is mass-oriented, so the quantity is what they consider at first, not the quality... ;)
I make serious coffee - so strong it wakes up the neighbors
helena
old member
old member

Postby paul77 » 25 Aug 2010, 02:44

Well, I guess you should give it a try and then decide for yourself whether it is worth spending money on it. Otherwise, you'll torture yourself with thoughts about not drinking it :d
Black as midnight on a moonless night
paul77
old member
old member

Postby Robusto » 25 Aug 2010, 06:48

Hi DecafMom,

Starbucks is not the best of the best. They do offer good coffee, but it doesn't mean everyone will become a fan after trying first cup. But I wish you to come to that point in your life soon where you can afford any coffee you want :)
Robusto

Postby paula » 27 Sep 2010, 03:46

Well, I think (at least now I'm thinking) that even if I have enough money to buy expensive coffees, I would still buy some cheap coffee which I considered tasty before. :ymblushing:
Be a coffee-drinking individual - espresso yourself!
paula

Postby Nawleen » 14 Nov 2010, 09:08

We like the Walmart coffee too. It is my husband favorite besides Community Coffee. I have adjusted to different kinds because I was raised on Maxwell House. I actually do like Great Value and my husband likes more of the New Orleans flavors.
Nawleen

Postby Joe39 » 16 Dec 2010, 11:09

I've bought Walmart's Great Value brand coffee before. It's not bad. As a matter of fact, I think it's quite tasty. Put a couple spoonfuls of sugar and some milk or half-and-half in it, and it's good.
Joe39

Postby peter » 27 Dec 2010, 04:29

Never heard of Walmart's Great Value? Is it really tasty? What it is like?
A morning without coffee is like sleep
peter
old member
old member

Postby Icemocha » 01 Jan 2011, 06:39

I personally love Starbucks Coffee. While I know it's not the best and is mass-produced, they kick-started the coffee-lover in me with their Frappuccinos. I tried the Pumpkin Spice one and I never looked back.
Icemocha

Postby frenchvanilla » 03 Jan 2011, 08:27

I also have always drank Maxwell house and Walmart's great value is pretty similar. I do not however, like Starbucks at all. If I go out for coffee I like to go to Tim Horton's.
frenchvanilla

Postby PepetheCoffeeManiac » 13 Jul 2012, 01:45

It is better not to drink anything than cheap or bad coffee.
PepetheCoffeeManiac

Return to Coffee Origins