Coffee Candy Recipe

From all over the world

Coffee Candy Recipe

Postby killer666 » 04 Nov 2010, 01:56

Hello!
I have tried coffee candies recently. It was so tasy. I liked it. and I decided to make my own candies. I found one recipe:

Coffee Caramels This recipe yields about 4 dozen small caramels.

Ingredients:
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
1/4 cup light corn syrup
1/4 cup honey
1.5 cups half and half (not fat-free)
2 tbsp instant coffee
1/4 cup (2 oz) butter, cut into 4 pieces
1 tsp vanilla extract

Preparation:
1. Prepare an 8x8 pan by lining it with aluminum foil and spraying the foil heavily with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Place the sugar, brown sugar, corn syrup, honey, half and half, instant coffee, and butter in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir until the butter is melted and the sugars dissolve. Insert a candy thermometer.
3. Continue to cook, stirring frequently, until the thermometer reaches 250.
4. Once at 250, remove the pan from the heat and stir in the vanilla. Pour the caramel into the prepared pan. Allow it to set at room temperature for 3 hours, or until cool and firm.
5. Remove the caramel from the pan by using the foil as handles. Flip it upside down and peel the foil off the back. Spray a large sharp knife with nonstick spray, and cut the caramel into small squares or bars.
6. Wrap the caramels in squares of waxed paper to prevent them from sticking together. (Alternately, they can be dipped in chocolate.) Store wrapped Coffee Caramels in an airtight container at room temperature for up to two weeks.
Instant human. Just add coffee.
killer666
old member
old member

Re: Coffee Candy Recipe

Postby Nawleen » 12 Nov 2010, 10:49

This sounds like an excellent recipe and my girls love all things coffee. I think it would be a good Christmas treat for this year. Let you know how it turns out and don't be surprised if I have a question or two. lol
Nawleen

Postby javafreak » 13 Nov 2010, 07:12

That sounds super tasty, I might have to add these to my Christmas baking list this year. I make up goodie baskets for all of my friends and we all love a good coffee treat!
javafreak

Postby Derek » 15 Nov 2010, 05:42

Without words!

The powers of a man's mind are directly proportioned to the quantity of coffee he drinks - Sir James Mackintosh
Derek

Postby CoffeeLover » 16 Nov 2010, 03:10

Coffee Toffee Candy

Ingridients:
- 2 cups butter
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 2 Tbsp instant coffee granules

Directions:
-- Dissolve the instant coffee in the 1/4 cup hot water.
-- In a large heavy bottomed saucepan, combine the butter, sugar, coffee mixture, and salt. Cook over medium heat, stirring until the butter is melted. Allow to come to a boil, and cook until the mixture becomes a dark amber color, and the temperature has reached 285 degrees F (137 degrees C). Stir occasionally.
-- While the toffee is cooking, cover a large baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
-- As soon as the toffee reaches the proper temperature, pour it out onto the prepared baking sheet. Place the toffee in the refrigerator to chill until set. Break into pieces, and store in an airtight container.
I like to move it, MOVE IT
CoffeeLover
old member
old member

Return to Coffee Recipes