Be careful with this device!

From A to Z; Talk us about your coffee equipment experience

Be careful with this device!

Postby NoLimits » 25 Oct 2010, 17:33

I got an on top coffee filter as a free gift and (stupidly) tried to use it with my favorite, very large, coffee mug. It just about fit and I should have known better than to trust it was safe. Somehow I caught it just after pouring on near boiling water and scalded both my legs as it tipped all over the floor!

This is the closest picture I can find. Mine is a different brand and made of plastic. http://www.amazon.com/Frieling-C104943- ... pd_sbs_k_5
NoLimits

Re: Be careful with this device!

Postby Nicky » 26 Oct 2010, 02:13

I sympathize with you :-S :-S :-S
Some things in life are better rich. . . coffee, chocolate, men.
Nicky
old member
old member

Postby jennyffer777 » 26 Oct 2010, 03:13

Well, you never know how a device is working until trying it on your own. So don't be disappointed, we all learn from our mistakes ;)
Coffee & Love Taste Best When Hot
jennyffer777
old member
old member

Postby javafreak » 26 Oct 2010, 09:04

I have never seen one of those, what exactly does it do? Being a klutz it does sound like something I should stay away from. I could do some major damage.
javafreak

Postby NoLimits » 27 Oct 2010, 22:06

javafreak wrote:I have never seen one of those, what exactly does it do? Being a klutz it does sound like something I should stay away from. I could do some major damage.

I think it's safer if the cup it sits on is smaller than its circumference! I was (stupidly) determined to use it with my outsize mug. It acts as a coffee machine, so you just pop a filter in, add a spoon of grounds and pour hot water on. The coffee should drip through into the cup.
NoLimits

Postby maria » 29 Oct 2010, 01:35

I think the best way is to use a reliable old device like a coffee machine and don't try making it by your own ;)
maria
old member
old member

Return to Coffee Roasting, Grinding, Brewing; Equipment; Industry