Coffee Parasites?

Discuss coffee impact on health

Coffee Parasites?

Postby caffeine82 » 07 Oct 2010, 05:54

Maybe it's a silly question, but you know, everybody has their phobias, so here is mine... :-S

Anybody ever seen coffee parasites? I'm getting mad when it comes to beetles, worms, spiders and all that stuff crawling, flying, eating holes in everything and so on.. So I was wondering, if I'm for example storing a pack of coffee for a long time, is there a chance that some unwanted living form will appear there?
Have you ever heard of things like that? I thought it might be possible, since coffee is an organic product...
--------
Greg
caffeine82

Re: Coffee Parasites?

Postby michael » 07 Oct 2010, 06:41

I've seen it only on pictures. But please don't worry, as I'm sure coffee growers carefully check their coffee before export. :d
Coffee is the best thing to douse the sunrise with
michael
old member
old member

Postby CoffeeLover » 08 Oct 2010, 02:31

Faugh. What a nasty thing?!.. never heard about it :ymsick:
I like to move it, MOVE IT
CoffeeLover
old member
old member

Postby maria » 12 Oct 2010, 05:10

Yes, I saw them once and that was one of my worst experiences ever :-( I thought I would never drink coffee again but...So I bought some fresh coffee beans and saw those little creatures....That coffee was stale ans had expired. Guys, be careful! Always look at the expiration date and buy coffee only from reliable vendors even it is a little more expensive. It really worths its money! ~o) ~o) ~o)
maria
old member
old member

Return to Coffee Health