Coffee Beans

From A to Z; Talk us about your coffee equipment experience

Coffee Beans

Postby Javalover » 07 Apr 2010, 14:17

I have always heard that roasting your own coffee beans and using them right away is the best way. Where do you get the beans to roast them? How do you roast them so they are ready to be ground and used?
Javalover

Re: Coffee Beans

Postby michael » 08 Apr 2010, 04:22

The green beans are sold in specialty stores, I think you should investigate a little, there should be at least one in your area.
And there are lots of levels of roasting. If you never did (the roast) before, you don't know what level od roast you like, of course. You can read the article from the site http://www.coffee4dummies.com/coffee_roast_process
But one tip I can give you right now: the more you roast your beans, the stronger coffee you'll drink consequently, and vice versa.
Coffee is the best thing to douse the sunrise with
michael
old member
old member

Postby ginga » 19 Apr 2010, 06:08

Thanks for the tip, Michael.
I've never roasted beans myself, but I've heard that you should do this every time you're going to have a coffee to get the most of its flavor. However I believe not many people can really feel the difference, IMHO.
Caffeine isn't a drug, it's a vitamin!
ginga
old member
old member

Postby peter » 29 Jul 2010, 03:43

Green coffee beans can be procured from a specialty store. You can roast them at home by several methods: in a common frying pan with a lid, in a drum roaster or in special devices...
A morning without coffee is like sleep
peter
old member
old member

Postby driven » 13 Aug 2010, 09:10

I love to roast my beans in a serious way. Of course I love my coffee strong and with a real kick. Sadly though most of my friends do not share my taste and will not drink my coffee! Ah well more for me!
driven

Postby DarkRoastJack » 03 Sep 2010, 02:03

There are many options to buy green beans online. Coffees of various origin are available. I can't recommend any shop, but you just need to make a little research. And of course let us know if you find a good supplier :)
DarkRoastJack

Postby Mulderr » 08 Sep 2010, 13:13

driven wrote:I love to roast my beans in a serious way. Of course I love my coffee strong and with a real kick. Sadly though most of my friends do not share my taste and will not drink my coffee! Ah well more for me!

Where I'm from, we call that "Cowboy coffee" When I start roasting my own in a few years, that's exactly how I want it to turn out. I like my coffee to get up and get my cigarettes for me. :))
Mulderr

Postby killer666 » 14 Sep 2010, 02:00

Hi, Muldder!
where are you from? and what are you smoking?
Instant human. Just add coffee.
killer666
old member
old member

Postby paul77 » 24 Sep 2010, 04:34

You know, Javalover is right. It's hard sometimes to find green beans, especially if you live in a small area and the nearest store is somewhere ;) I hope though that in our modern era, we all have Internet and can use it to order coffee. :d
Black as midnight on a moonless night
paul77
old member
old member

Return to Coffee Roasting, Grinding, Brewing; Equipment; Industry