Coffee Ice Cream

Talk about everything you like HERE!

Coffee Ice Cream

Postby Mulderr » 08 Sep 2010, 13:05

Does anyone know if there's any such thing as coffee flavored ice cream? I looked for it in my grocery store, but they don't sell any. Would this be a specialty type item?
Mulderr

Re: Coffee Ice Cream

Postby DecafMom » 08 Sep 2010, 13:40

I believe I have heard of coffee flavored ice cream. I am not sure which company produced it, but I THINK it was Haagen-Dasz or Blue Bunny.
DecafMom

Postby ezprezo » 10 Sep 2010, 09:18

Baskin-Robbins, Selecta and Magnolia also have this kind of flavor in their ice cream. In Selecta brand I think they label the product with coffee flavor as Gold Label.
ezprezo

Postby SuzyLewis » 26 Jun 2011, 13:24

Ben and Jerry's used to make a great coffee flavored ice cream. It was the only coffee flavored ice cream I enjoyed. However, it has been discontinued.

Overall, I do not enjoy coffee flavored ice creams or desserts. I guess I would rather have a cup of the real thing.
SuzyLewis

Postby Buzzy » 23 May 2012, 12:32

All sorts of brands make coffee-flavored ice cream. You just need to do some poking around; perhaps visit another store... I agree that it is divinely delicious!
Buzzy

Postby ilikeitblack » 24 May 2012, 11:17

I love coffee ice cream but I have never seen it in the grocery store. Most likely you will find it at Baskin Robbins or other specialty shops. Drink a cup of coffee with your coffee ice cream and you really have a treat.
ilikeitblack

Postby PepetheCoffeeManiac » 27 Jun 2012, 04:52

Coffee flavored ice cream is the best thing in existence! And you can make it at home too:

Coffee Ice Cream Recipe

Add to shopping list
Ingredients
1 1/2 cups whole milk
3/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 cups whole coffee beans (decaf unless you want the caffeine in your ice cream)
Pinch of salt
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
5 large egg yolks
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon finely ground coffee (press grinds through a fine mesh sieve)
Method

1 Heat the milk, sugar, whole coffee beans, salt, and 1/2 cup of the cream in a medium saucepan until it is quite warm and steamy, but not boiling. Once the mixture is warm, cover, remove from the heat, and let steep at room temperature for 1 hour.
2 Pour the remaining 1 cup of cream into a medium size metal bowl, set on ice over a larger bowl. Set a mesh strainer on top of the bowls. Set aside.

3 Reheat the milk and coffee mixture, on medium heat, until again hot and steamy (not boiling!). In a separate bowl, whisk the egg yolks together. Slowly pour the heated milk and coffee mixture into the egg yolks, whisking constantly so that the egg yolks are tempered by the warm milk, but not cooked by it. Scrape the warmed egg yolks back into the saucepan.

4 Stir the mixture constantly over medium heat with a heatproof, flat-bottomed spatula, scraping the bottom as you stir, until the mixture thickens and coats the spatula so that you can run your finger across the coating and have the coating not run. This can take about 10 minutes.

5 Pour the custard through the strainer and stir it into the cream. Press on the coffee beans in the strainer to extract as much of the coffee flavor as possible. Then discard the beans. Mix in the vanilla and finely ground coffee, and stir until cool.

6 Chill the mixture thoroughly in the refrigerator, then freeze it in your ice cream maker according to the manufacturer's instructions.

Makes one quart.
PepetheCoffeeManiac

Postby lulu33 » 12 Nov 2012, 05:36

I like any ice cream that is coffee flavored, with chocolate chips over the top

lulu33
old member
old member

Postby michael » 16 Nov 2012, 06:45

My favorite coffee ice cream - Image
Coffee is the best thing to douse the sunrise with