Ten don’ts in drinking coffee

Discuss coffee impact on health

Ten don’ts in drinking coffee

Postby peter » 03 Sep 2010, 02:05

I've found some info on the net and I feel quite uncertain about it. It seems to me that these "don'ts" were created to scare people and take them away from coffee lovers. But would that be a problem for a true coffee-man?

1. In the wedding night. Couples, who are expecting to have babies, don’t drink coffee during the night. From the research, caffeine found in the coffee kills sperm from 58 to 100%. It really depends on the concentration of caffeine in your coffee. Anyway, if you are expecting to have next generations, keep away from coffee.
2. Don’t drink coffee while you are smoking. A research report reviews that caffeine reacts with nicotine in cigarettes to release a toxic substance. This substance might degenerate cell metabolism or might induce cell degeneration.
3. No coffee during work. Caffeine can speed up the excretion of adrenaline. Adrenaline as a hormone will, in certain extent, elevate your blood pressure and alleviate your emotion. Therefore, drink less coffee in your work shift.
4. No coffee while you drink. The interaction of caffeine and alcohol is said to damage your body cells three times than you drink alcohol alone. Both caffeine and alcohol will stimulate your brain and increase your heart beat. It will damage your body more if you drink them together.
5. No coffee if you are calcium deficient. A medical finding reviews that you find more calcium in your urine after drinking coffee. If you take two cups of coffee, you find approximately 15 mg of calcium in your urine. Therefore, you have to be cautious if you are lack of calcium in your body. If you are committed to coffee, eat a little bit more meat and drink more milk during the day to replace your calcium content.
6. No Coffee if you have high blood pressure. A study of 1007 males and 598 females in drinking 5 cups of caffeinated coffee a day reviews that the chances of the total cholesterol has been elevated. This tends to be more chances to elevate blood pressure because of hypercholesterolemia (high cholesterol in blood). A group of 500 individuals, drinking no coffee at all, have their total cholesterol remained normal. Hypercholesterolemia will in long run bump up your blood pressure. Therefore, keep away from coffee if your blood pressure is high.
7. No coffee for the elderly. Caffeine may cause depletion of calcium out of the body; the elderly has to take less coffee to avoid early osteoporosis. Caffeine is said to be diuretic. This will make your heart work harder. That’s why the elderly has to take less coffee.
8. No coffee for kids. Caffeine activates cell metabolism. Therefore, coffee is no good for the development of kids. Research reviews that caffeine has certain relation autism. Therefore, do not let your kids drink anything with caffeine, for example, coffee.
9. Don’t drink too much coffee. Let’s take a look at the constituents of coffee beans. The beans consist of 1-3% caffeine, 10-14% fats, 5-8% protein, and some carbohydrates, inorganic salts and vitamins. Instant coffee even consists of 3-4% caffeine. There is 100-150 mg of caffeine in a cup of coffee. Ten grams of caffeine can kill an average adult. Caffeine can also get you addicted. Caffeine can increase your LDL cholesterol (Bad cholesterol) and hence your blood pressure. Therefore, a cup of coffee a day is good enough.
10. Don’t add too much sugar to your coffee. If you add more sugar to your coffee, it will drive you tired. Sugar itself will stimulate your pancreas to produce more insulin. This, in return, will lower your sugar level. That’s why you feel tired in a lowered sugar level in the body.

I'm waiting for your thoughts and opinions about these points.
A morning without coffee is like sleep
peter
old member
old member

Re: Ten don’ts in drinking coffee

Postby Nina Maxwell » 03 Sep 2010, 07:21

Wow. I think whoever put that together was in caffeine withdrawal! Anyhow here are the responses of this coffee dependent person.

1. That's ok, I am child free
2. That's no fun
3. I wouldn't last 5 minutes
4. Never tried. One beverage at a time is enough!
5. Okay, Not me
6 - 8. Not me either
9. No way
10. Hate sugar in coffee. it belongs elsewhere!
Nina Maxwell

Postby Mulderr » 05 Sep 2010, 17:17

Number 10 explains a lot to me. I know not to drink too much in one sitting in the morning, or else I'll get tired, but I never knew why. Thank you.
Mulderr

Postby Nicky » 06 Sep 2010, 02:39

thanks a lot, Peter!!!
but what about 3rd point? How to stimulate myself at work to not to fall asleep?? :-\
This is terrifying information. May be its time to be a tea drinker or juice drinker??? :-S
Some things in life are better rich. . . coffee, chocolate, men.
Nicky
old member
old member

Postby Bella » 13 Nov 2010, 20:28

I understand why are you are uncertain about some of them.

#1---don't drink coffee if you want kids. I never drank coffee until this past summer, for the 13 years before (years I've been married) we had one child without doing anything to stop it---nor did I subsitute other forms of caffiene. A friend of mine, who drinks probably 2 liters of coffee EVERY DAY (and has the whole time she's been married) has to try to NOT get pregnant, as in the 15 years she and her husband have been married, they have had 6 kids.

So, I'm thinking that is not a very valid "don't'. :)
Bella

Postby Joe39 » 15 Dec 2010, 18:18

My question about point number one is whether or not the coffee or the caffeine is responsible for a lowered sperm count. I'm not a huge coffee drinker, but I drink lots of sodas. And I think it depends on the person too, as I was able to become a father.
Joe39

Postby sweetener » 15 Dec 2010, 23:14

I'm guilty of number 10. I don't feel tired when I drink a very sweet coffee, maybe because my body has gotten used to it.

About coffee at work, I helps me wake up especially when I've passed half way my shift. What can we have as an alternative for coffee when we are at work?
sweetener

Postby killer666 » 17 Dec 2010, 01:09

I have contra this topic Ten don’ts in drinking coffee

10 reasons why you should drink coffee

1. It lowers the risk of developing Parkinson’s disease.
2. It reduces the risk of Alzheimer’s disease
3. It lowers the risk of developing type 2 diabetes.
4. It prevents breast cancer
5. It prevents colon cancer.
6. It prevents liver cirrhosis.
7. It can prevent gallstones to an extent.
8. It bestows you with a calm sleep contrary to the common belief provided you are drinking not more than 2 cups of coffee a day and not taking coffee 4 hour hours prior to bed time.
9. It stimulates brain activities.
10. It refreshes the body and mind.
Instant human. Just add coffee.
killer666
old member
old member

Postby sweetener » 19 Dec 2010, 08:46

Good job in countering the "don'ts". I think the lesson is here is moderation. If we drink just enough coffee to make us alive and alert then it is good for us. Too much of a good thing, like coffee, can hurt us so we must drink only what is necessarily. But the thing is it is hard to stop from drinking a nice cup of coffee. :d
sweetener

Postby Charli05 » 06 Jan 2017, 03:26

Is mostly drink coffee is dangerous for teeth share your information.

invisalign montreal
Charli05

Return to Coffee Health