Arabica vs. Robusta

What country is your coffee from?

Arabica vs. Robusta

Postby paula » 20 Apr 2010, 01:46

Have you ever tasted Robusta beans solely, without them being blended with the Ararbica ones? I know that the Robusta beans are not as tasty and lack many pleasant characteristics which the Arabica beans possess. However, I think they are worth trying though I don't know where to find them. Need some help from those who have some experience regarding this issue....
Be a coffee-drinking individual - espresso yourself!
paula

Re: Arabica vs. Robusta

Postby paul77 » 21 Apr 2010, 03:44

Hi paula! You can buy the robusta beans almost everywhere, I guess. At least, large supermarkets definitely have in stock this kind of coffee. However, I wouldn't recommend it as it really lacks a lot of useful qualities, contains more caffeine and has a bitter taste which won't please you, I think. Though if you are really willing to try it, buy yourself a small quantity and make a cup of coffee. Tastes differ.....
Black as midnight on a moonless night
paul77
old member
old member

Postby peter » 22 Apr 2010, 01:24

Hi paula! I think, if you want to, you must have it :-) What stops you from buying yourself a bag of robustas? Try it and then make a review here, for us. It is very possible that what one don't like, the other will dislike. So, go ahead and just do it!
A morning without coffee is like sleep
peter
old member
old member

Postby lulu33 » 13 May 2010, 01:39

Arabica is a kind of a aristocrat in the coffee family - it is very gentle and sickly but such an sought-after crop! I really see it like that: Robusta is a common worker which is naturally healthier than Arabica and is robust but it is of no interest for the majority of people as it lacks unusual flavors and qualities which Arabica possesses, in its turn.
lulu33
old member
old member

Postby ginga » 27 May 2010, 01:31

You know, I was thinking that .. we sometimes appreciate some foods and beverages for what they remind us about rather than for their taste qualities... That's probably why I like that bitterness of Robusta. I used to drink it with my granny, so it reminds me of those days ..
Besides, I think that it never hurts trying something new, something different from what you've had before, so good luck Paula!
Caffeine isn't a drug, it's a vitamin!
ginga
old member
old member

Postby Robusto » 13 Aug 2010, 01:18

ginga wrote:You know, I was thinking that .. we sometimes appreciate some foods and beverages for what they remind us about rather than for their taste qualities... That's probably why I like that bitterness of Robusta. I used to drink it with my granny, so it reminds me of those days ..
Besides, I think that it never hurts trying something new, something different from what you've had before, so good luck Paula!

good post Ginga :)
I do prefer Robusta in the morning, when I can't keep my eyes open. Bitter? Just add more sugar, maybe cream and you get a perfect cup :)
Robusto

Return to Coffee Origins