Getting Addicted

Discuss coffee impact on health

Getting Addicted

Postby Beannie » 04 Aug 2010, 09:30

Coffees wake us up and get us going. We will then make a habit of relying on coffee for waking us up. After that addiction comes in. I'm speaking out of experience here.

The problem with getting addicted to it is that I can't function well without it. What can I do to lessen the intake of coffee as I think this is not healthy any longer.
Beannie

Re: Getting Addicted

Postby CrazyBaby » 05 Aug 2010, 00:30

Hi. You must go to bed earlier. To wake up and take a cold shower and to run in the mornings... These rules will help you l-)
I don't have a problem with caffeine. I have a problem without caffeine!
CrazyBaby
old member
old member

Postby jesse » 10 Aug 2010, 05:29

LOL!
CrazyBaby wrote:Hi. You must go to bed earlier. To wake up and take a cold shower and to run in the mornings... These rules will help you

Haven't been here for a while and CrazyBaby is already making me laugh :d Yeah, shower could help but the problem is that some organisms are easy to influence and the others not, like mine, for example - I drink coffee right before bed - and nothing happens! I sleep like a baby! :d
jesse

Postby Joe39 » 27 Dec 2010, 14:22

Beanie, I don't think it's necessarily coffee that you're addicted to, but the caffeine in coffee. Caffeine is a very habit-forming substance, whether it's in coffee, soda, chocolate or whatever. There's conflicting reports about whether caffeine is good for you or bad for you. Either way, if you're worried about it, I would wean myself down from it until you're down to just a couple cups a day.
Joe39

Postby CoffeeJunkie » 27 Dec 2010, 15:32

I wouldn't try to quit caffeine cold turkey or you'll get massive headaches. For now, just try to drink a little less coffee every day - or start using less caffeinated coffee and more decaf. Like, do 50/50 the first day, and then 60/40, 70/30, and eventually you'll be totally decaffeinated. :ymparty:
CoffeeJunkie

Return to Coffee Health