Coffee chains

From A to Z; Talk us about your coffee equipment experience

Coffee chains

Postby maria » 24 Dec 2009, 05:47

Everyone knows we have a lot of coffee chains (I mean the whole world) and of course each of us has a favorite one. Peter and Michael have already revealed their perfect places, but I would like to talk about coffee chains in general. Why would you go to one place and will ignore another one? Or why is it so important for someone to drink coffee from this certain place, to hate his/her number one coffee place' rival and what makes a person become a fan of one coffee house? Waiting for your opinions :-)
maria
old member
old member

Re: Coffee chains

Postby ginga » 24 Dec 2009, 07:09

I do like caribou coffee chain for their atmosphere, it feels like home there. Besides, I got addicted to their chain since I used to live right near a Caribou store some time ago.. People like things they are used to :)
Caffeine isn't a drug, it's a vitamin!
ginga
old member
old member

Postby jennyffer777 » 13 Jan 2010, 01:46

Hey Maria and Ginga! An interesting question and a very nice answer :-)
I like Dunkin' Donuts - not so much for their coffee as for their tasty doughnut ;) However the ambiance there is very calm and favourable for a friendly talk and many other. It's like being home with your mom, drinking her aromatic coffee and enjoying a homemade pie prepared according to your gramma recipe. How sweet! Going to the Dunkins right now ~o) ~o) ~o) ~o) ~o) ~o) ~o) ~o)
Coffee & Love Taste Best When Hot
jennyffer777
old member
old member

Postby Wired » 24 Feb 2010, 12:45

We have a local coffee house that is my very, very favorite. They have one on our college campus, one downtown and one small one at our local hospital. I love it. My very favorite is the Irish Creme they have. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. But you know, McDonald's now has a pretty good Mocha. Has anyone beside me tried it? It's terribly fattening but it is delicious. :x
Wired

Postby JavaJane » 31 Mar 2010, 05:44

I know it's terribly plebeian but my favorite chain is still Dunkin' Donuts. I love their French Vanilla. I've tried French Vanilla at Starbuck's but it doesn't have enough vanilla flavor for me. I do have a Honeydew that just moved into the area but I haven't had a chance to give it a try yet as it's rather out of the way.
JavaJane

Postby Javalover » 31 Mar 2010, 12:02

I really don't care what people think of where I go to drink coffee. My favorite coffee is Dunkin' Donuts original coffee, unfortunately there isn't one where I live so I buy it by the bag in the store. The only chain around me is Starbucks and I do like their Cafe Au Lait with a shot of almond in it.
Javalover

Postby LoriL » 31 Mar 2010, 16:43

I'm a Dunkin Donuts fan too, I don't go there everyday though. I prefer the taste of their coffee and I like their donuts too. I don't go there because other people go there, I go there because I like it.
LoriL

Postby michael » 01 Apr 2010, 02:46

My choice is Folgers. Always liked it and give it preference as compared to others. Maybe it's the matter of habit, who knows? ;)
Coffee is the best thing to douse the sunrise with
michael
old member
old member

Postby CrazyBaby » 05 Aug 2010, 01:12

I think that there are several things that are very important to the people:
- surrounding conditions
- service
- quality of coffee
- price
- variety of coffee
I don't have a problem with caffeine. I have a problem without caffeine!
CrazyBaby
old member
old member

Postby twolumps » 05 Aug 2010, 02:12

It's not just about the coffee - it has a lot to do with ambience and what is "in". Although I do agree that I don't mind paying more for a better cup of coffee and hanging out with friends. It makes it worth it!
twolumps

Postby caffeine82 » 10 Aug 2010, 03:27

CrazyBaby, you're right! Great variety of coffee in Robert's Coffee makes me their repeat visitor :). I think I already posted about it somewhere around.. Last time I enjoyed their Turkish coffee. Don't know how they make it, but it's very thick, and has a wonderful rich aroma. They serve it with rahat lakoum - mmmmmmmmm :x
--------
Greg
caffeine82

Postby Robusto » 12 May 2011, 07:01

Just returned from UK and must say that I liked their Costa coffee chain! The coffee that they make is really good as well as their cakes :)
The taste is MUCH better if compared to Starbucks IMHO
Robusto

Postby fatBen » 07 Jun 2011, 05:09

Robusto wrote:Just returned from UK and must say that I liked their Costa coffee chain! The coffee that they make is really good as well as their cakes :)
The taste is MUCH better if compared to Starbucks IMHO

Costa is very good indeed! Have you tried their rasp and almond bake? DELICIOUS!!!
fatBen

Postby garyspeed » 01 Jan 2012, 21:50

I like the coffee chain will feel like home, on the basis of the Caribou. I used to live a little, because the Norman Bangor at the same time this magazine I got addicted in the chain. ..
garyspeed

Postby MoffeeCoff » 20 Feb 2012, 03:00

I don't have one.  I usually try to find some out of the way coffee house. When I feel lazy, there is a small coffee shop down the street and I generally prefer that.. :)
MoffeeCoff

Postby Tentan » 18 Apr 2012, 05:32

MoffeeCoff, huh, it turns out that the best coffee shop is the one which is closest to your house! :d True for me too!
Tentan

Postby Derek » 18 Apr 2012, 06:38

I cannot imagine my life without Dunkin' Donuts - though I sometimes wonder "why?" ;) I really like their coffee and of course their yummy doughnuts; I just can't stop drinking their coffee and espresso with tasty chocolate doghnuts :ymblushing:
The powers of a man's mind are directly proportioned to the quantity of coffee he drinks - Sir James Mackintosh
Derek

Postby paul77 » 13 Feb 2013, 03:34

I prefer drinking coffee prepared by me, so no, I don't care about any coffee chain in particular.
Black as midnight on a moonless night
paul77
old member
old member

Postby PepetheCoffeeManiac » 22 Mar 2013, 05:48

Each coffee chain has something peculiar, so I can't just settle for one!
PepetheCoffeeManiac

Postby Roberta » 18 Apr 2013, 01:37

ginga wrote:I do like caribou coffee chain for their atmosphere, it feels like home there. Besides, I got addicted to their chain since I used to live right near a Caribou store some time ago.. People like things they are used to :)

It's so sad to hear that they are closing all Caribou cafes, I really liked the chain, it was our family's favorite go-out. :-(
HI, my name's Roberta but friends call me Berta! :)
Roberta

Return to Coffee Roasting, Grinding, Brewing; Equipment; Industry