Blue Mountain Coffee

What country is your coffee from?

Blue Mountain Coffee

Postby Javalover » 19 Mar 2010, 11:53

Does anyone like the Blue Mountain coffee from Jamaica? My mom went there some years back and brought me back some and from then on she started sending it to me every Christmas. I love the bold yet smooth taste of it and it is one of the best presents I get every year.
Javalover

Re: Blue Mountain Coffee

Postby cherry » 20 Mar 2010, 23:33

I have never had the pleasure to have it, what does it taste like? And what is up with the Blue Mountain part of it? If its anything like having a good cup with spring water (right off the spring) I am game, can you import it?
cherry

Postby michael » 22 Mar 2010, 05:17

A true Blue Mountain has a mild flavour and lacks bitterness at all. Not all the coffee from this region can be labeled as such. Only that coffee which is approved by the Coffee Industry Board of Jamaica can bear this name. Did you know that 80% of this coffee is exported to Japan?
However in spite of all the safety measures, it is all over counterfeited and instead of enjoying one of the world's most withstanding coffees, you may run into crude forgery :-(
Coffee is the best thing to douse the sunrise with
michael
old member
old member

Postby maria » 30 Mar 2010, 03:50

Blue Mountain from Jamaica? hmm.....it was good some day when I was young :-) but I didn't taste it from then so don't know what to say right now :ymblushing:
maria
old member
old member

Postby SanchoPancho » 23 Jun 2010, 01:28

its realy tasty!!!!!!!!!!
so delicious ~o)
Coffee Should be Black as Hell, Strong as Death, and Sweet as Love
SanchoPancho
old member
old member

Postby LavazzaMan » 25 Jun 2010, 04:15

cherry wrote:I have never had the pleasure to have it, what does it taste like? And what is up with the Blue Mountain part of it? If its anything like having a good cup with spring water (right off the spring) I am game, can you import it?

It is called so because coffee is grown in blue mountains of Jamaica. And even the beans themselves have blue-green color. Due to the soil in that region, their coffee is very smooth and flavorful. I had a pleasure of tasting this coffee during a trip to Jamaica. Great coffee, really great.
Swirl the flavor. Savor the taste.
LavazzaMan

Postby ginga » 30 Jun 2010, 03:02

Sounds very interesting... Now I want to try it too! :)
Caffeine isn't a drug, it's a vitamin!
ginga
old member
old member

Postby lulu33 » 02 Jul 2010, 02:55

If you have a possibility to drink this coffee, do it by all means! It's a full-body coffee with a very smooth, almost silky taste and aroma. Be sure to buy the original Blue Mountain because it is widely counterfeited which may be a huge disappointment. Good Luck!
lulu33
old member
old member

Postby Nicky » 09 Jul 2010, 01:54

I must to try it immediately! it sounds so appetite ;;)
Some things in life are better rich. . . coffee, chocolate, men.
Nicky
old member
old member

Postby Robusto » 16 Jul 2010, 05:37

Haven't even heard of this before... Javalover, thanks for pointing this out! I'm going to spend my vacation in Jamaica this year, hope to have the opportunity of tasting this coffee there!
Robusto

Blue Mountain Coffee SAMPLES!!!!

Postby robinplough » 23 Feb 2011, 22:32

Hope you have all been reading my articles from Jamaica, and you should soon know all there is to know about our superb JBM coffee.

It would be unethical of me to "advertise" in my articles: so I will use this forum to offer samples of my coffee: you have seen the plantation, seen the processing method, and the only thing left is for you to taste some. I should have some spare coffee from the crop we are now picking, and I would love you to try some. BUT, I will have a very limit amount, and it will go on a first come- first- served, basis.
I can only send a single pound by mail ( post office regulations ) or up to 11 pounds by courier ( coffee board regulations ) but the courier costs are more than the value of the coffee!!

Here's the offer: a pound of my own JBM coffee ( green or roasted, as you prefer ) along with a pack of our ( almost ) equally famous Jerk spice mix, the perfect flavour to get the taste buds fully ready for the coffee!

For just US$12 per pack, plus the mailing costs. The mailing costs vary with the exchange rates, but to the US it is about US$5, as I can use "standard" mailing: to Europe I have to use Air Mail, which is ( from last time I sent a pack to England ) US$11.

Interested??? just e-mail me, and reserve your pack, which should be ready after Easter, as the coffee is drying very slowly ( unseasonally misty this year ) robinplough@gmail.com
robinplough

Return to Coffee Origins