Kids & Coffee

Talk about everything you like HERE!

Kids & Coffee

Postby cherry » 16 Apr 2010, 10:31

I think about this because I remember my grandmother (and still to this day I have no idea) used to let me have coffee when I was younger (under 10 younger) with coffee cakes (homemade). How young is too young for coffee? Not that I have kids of my own, I don't want them touching it, is that bad?
cherry

Re: Kids & Coffee

Postby paula » 20 Apr 2010, 00:55

Hi cherry! I think it depends on the parents' opinion about coffee: if they consider it harmful or healthy instead. Of course, 10 years it's a good age to start drinking it but in reasonable quantities. So don't be afraid of being dangerous for your child's health, it's better allowing him/her to drink coffee than frobidding it and than learning that somebody else gave it instead of you. :-)
Be a coffee-drinking individual - espresso yourself!
paula

Postby michael » 27 Apr 2010, 04:37

I wouldn't let my children drink coffee till they are ready to do this; to be more precise, when their immune system is vigorous enough so they don't feel any pain or tension from drinking it...
Coffee is the best thing to douse the sunrise with
michael
old member
old member

Postby SanchoPancho » 03 May 2010, 05:44

Hello!
I think that you must give coffee to your children and it is necessary,.. only not so much.
Let them get used gradually!
In Finally, when they will grow up they will think if coffee is bad or not (like cigarettes)
Coffee Should be Black as Hell, Strong as Death, and Sweet as Love
SanchoPancho
old member
old member

Postby coffeequeen » 03 May 2010, 07:41

I definitely don't think young children should have coffee. They have more than enough energy as it is without giving them an extra boost of caffeine.
coffeequeen

Postby CoffeeNut » 03 May 2010, 16:40

I think it all depends on the kid, and anybody who knows their kid well can tell if they can handle the caffeine or not. My mom and dad used to let me have sips every once in a while but I wasn't allowed to have my own cup in the morning until I was in high school. I think most kids can handle it younger than that. When I think of it though, I don't think many children enjoy the taste.
CoffeeNut

Postby mizhanna » 03 May 2010, 17:10

I'm a strict mom but I hate the idea of choking my kids. It's not a big deal for me if they will order their favorite beverage as long as no alcohol contents. I used to drink coffee with my 8 years old daughter at Starbucks. She love the taste of ice coffee with milk. For her, it taste good and very refreshing or even better than soft drinks.
mizhanna

Return to Off- topic