Does Coffee Make You Sleepy?

Say what you like about certain coffee drink

Does Coffee Make You Sleepy?

Postby Nawleen » 08 Nov 2010, 20:48

Has anyone ever had those moments that you can drink coffee and instead of waking you up good it just makes you even more sleepy? I wonder if it is because maybe the person it affects like this is ADD or ADHD. I mean they get the caffenated coffe and all but just as soon as she drinks it she starts yawning and then often winds up back in bed taking a nap. Has this happened to you or someone you know?
Nawleen

Re: Does Coffee Make You Sleepy?

Postby SanchoPancho » 09 Nov 2010, 00:44

No! I dont know any person who suffer like you =(
I can say about my coffee by the Cascada words: "...You make me rise when I fall..."
@};-
Coffee Should be Black as Hell, Strong as Death, and Sweet as Love
SanchoPancho
old member
old member

Postby Derek » 15 Nov 2010, 05:35

Yes, it does make me sleepy sometimes but that happens only when I drink it too much, like 5-6 cups per day and before going to sleep. Always keep to the golden mean!
The powers of a man's mind are directly proportioned to the quantity of coffee he drinks - Sir James Mackintosh
Derek

Postby javafreak » 15 Nov 2010, 16:03

I have had it happen to me on occasion. I agree it is usually when I am already tired and have drank a lot of it during the day.
javafreak

Postby CoffeeLover » 16 Nov 2010, 03:36

No! not coffee! I think that it is through no fault of coffee! this is my guilt cause I go to bed too late... I watch movies or play PC games :d
I like to move it, MOVE IT
CoffeeLover
old member
old member

Postby CrazyBaby » 17 Nov 2010, 00:46

No, coffee is energy drink for me or storage battery \:D/
I don't have a problem with caffeine. I have a problem without caffeine!
CrazyBaby
old member
old member

Postby killer666 » 01 Dec 2010, 07:35

No! coffee flows in my veins. Im like electric battery - always cheerful \m/ \m/
Instant human. Just add coffee.
killer666
old member
old member

Postby frenchvanilla » 15 Dec 2010, 08:23

Yes, I can drink a whole cup and go back to sleep! I apparently need at least 2 cups to function and 3 if I actually need to be motivated. I do drink a cup at night sometimes and it actually relaxes me, but usually I opt for the hot chocolate at night.
frenchvanilla

Postby sweetener » 15 Dec 2010, 23:11

I have experienced this and I think the reason for this is the effect of caffeine. If the effect of caffeine subsided then the body will eventually be tired and needed to rest. The problem is when we feel sleepy, we take more coffee to get more energy. The more coffee we drink, the more sleepy we become when the effect of caffeine is gone.
sweetener

Postby LucyCB » 21 Mar 2012, 06:30

Everyone is different. With me, it always depends what time I'm drinking it. It's a bit weird. If I drink it in the morning, it wakes me up. When I drink it during the evening, it always hits the right spot. But when it's at night, it either has no effect one me, or makes me sleepy. I'm guessing it has something to do with my sleeping schedule.
LucyCB

Postby MoffeeCoff » 25 Apr 2012, 00:49

Yeah, I tend to get a little sleepy as well from coffee. It's more something in the eyes, but it happens for sure all the time.
MoffeeCoff

Postby Kristin » 20 May 2012, 15:34

I've never had coffee make me tired or give me energy. I drink decaf coffee, so I don't get the same energy buzz from it that a lot of other people do. Also, when I sweeten my coffee, I use a sugar substitute, Truvia, instead of real sugar, along with a sugar-free creamer, so that I won't get a blood sugar spike followed by a sugar crash. FYI - If your coffee makes you tired, the sugar crash from too much sugar might be to blame! Just a thought. ;)
Kristin

Postby Beans » 21 May 2012, 07:59

Coffee makes me sleepy when I drink too much. If I drink just my regular 2-3 cups per day then it perks me up. If I end up making a 2nd pot when I get home from work I will pass right out. I am not sure why this is.
Beans

Postby Java12 » 25 May 2012, 07:02

You can become "immune" to the effects of caffeine, eventually needing more and more for it to do anything for you physically. I think any boost big time caffeine drinkers get is largely a placebo effect.
Java12

Return to Coffee Reviews