What Is The Sugar Detox Diet? Should I Do it?

Discuss coffee impact on health

What Is The Sugar Detox Diet? Should I Do it?

Postby Gaspari Nutrition » 14 Aug 2019, 08:32

https://gasparinutrition.com/what-is-the-sugar-detox-diet-should-i-do-it/

Every day, nutritional science is revealing something new for us. For several decades, it was thought that diets high in carbohydrates were correct and healthy, when in reality, our waistlines have ballooned since the advent of the food pyramid and beyond. While carbohydrates, which breakdown into sugars, are necessary for life, too much sugar results in health issues like obesity, diabetes, high blood pressure, and more. No wonder more children and adults are facing pre-diabetes and diabetes type II in their lifetime.

You’re here because you obviously are looking for ways to cut sugar out of your diet and become less dependent on it, but you also might be concerned. Can you go on a sugar detox without feeling horrible? Is it safe to cut added sugars out and go cold turkey?

The answer is yes, and I’m going to tell you how.

WHAT IS A SUGAR DETOX?
While you might assume that sugar detox doesn’t need explaining, it actually does. There are not only methods for going about sugar detox, there are precautions you need to take. Sugar is in anything that contains carbohydrates, so you can’t avoid sugar completely. Furthermore, when most people think of a detox, they think that cutting out junk food and replacing white sugar with artificial sweeteners is going to help. The problem with that is you will be craving sugar, and those artificial sweeteners are oftentimes a hundred to a thousand times more potent that the real thing, which means you will be hit with a surge of dopamine and those cravings will become infinitely more powerful.

Yeah, it’s not going to be easy, especially when a sugar detox also requires you to educate yourself about the ingredients of every single thing you routinely by. Cereals, pastries, breads, drinks, boxes of pasta and spaghetti, and even spice mixes can contain added, processed sugar. You might have never noticed your yogurt or coffee cream has high fructose corn syrup in it until you glance at the label...click the link above to read more.
Gaspari Nutrition

Return to Coffee Health