Organic coffee

Discuss coffee impact on health

Organic coffee

Postby michael » 01 Apr 2010, 04:00

I guess you all've heard about the organically grown coffee - grown without pesticides (if I'm right). What you think - is it more healthy for us than usual or decaf coffee?
Coffee is the best thing to douse the sunrise with
michael
old member
old member

Re: Organic coffee

Postby cherry » 05 Apr 2010, 12:53

I am not really too sure about this, I mean I have no issues (on most days) to avoid a ton of coffee since I know that everything should be in moderation. There are days though when I am surprises I am not so jittery that I can still stand up. How do you make anything fully organic?
cherry

Postby Beanz » 06 Apr 2010, 06:20

Exactly what Cherry said. How is it fully organic and pesticide free? How do we know this for sure? I would try it but I doubt if it would be any better because surely if there is anything bad in non-organic we're immune to it by now.
Beanz

Postby michael » 08 Apr 2010, 04:07

Yes, you're right bout the the organic coffee - we really don't know how exactly this coffee is grown. But they say it is absolutely free from pesticides or herbicides, thus meaning it is grown in natural conditions, so less harm for us. The bags with such coffee should be marked as organic.
Coffee is the best thing to douse the sunrise with
michael
old member
old member

Postby ShielaB » 03 May 2010, 07:10

Anything that doesn't have all the harmful pesticides on it is healthier for you. Regular coffee is better for you than decaffeinated coffee by the way. Google the process they use to do it and you will see that they use methyline chloride or ethyl acetate a lot.
ShielaB

Postby paula » 04 May 2010, 02:08

Of course, organic coffee is healthy as long as you know it is really grown without any pesticides. I mean, yes, you may be told that the coffee is organically pure and contains no chemicals, that it passed a lot of tests, etc. It is possible though that the grower fertilized its plants in order to help them somehow but he will never open that secret to you. ;)
Be a coffee-drinking individual - espresso yourself!
paula

Return to Coffee Health