HBO Coffee Documentary

Their interaction

HBO Coffee Documentary

Postby LottaLatte » 25 Jun 2011, 08:16

Just wanted to give you all a heads up about an HBO documentary that will air this Monday entitled "Hot Coffee." Remember the woman who sued McDonalds after spilling coffee in her lap? Here's everything we were never told.
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/26/arts/ ... -film.html
LottaLatte

Re: HBO Coffee Documentary

Postby BostonBean » 26 Jun 2011, 04:11

LottaLatte wrote:Just wanted to give you all a heads up about an HBO documentary that will air this Monday entitled "Hot Coffee." Remember the woman who sued McDonalds after spilling coffee in her lap? Here's everything we were never told.
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/26/arts/ ... -film.html

This sounds absolutely fascinating, LottaLatte. It's always interesting to learn the unknown facts of a well-publicized legal case such as this one. I don't watch much television, so I would not have known about this if you hadn't posted. Thanks!
BostonBean

Postby Dixie06 » 26 Jun 2011, 09:12

Thanks for sharing. I will be tuning do get all the "dirty" facts. With what I read in the papers, I always thought the woman was a little crazy for suing McDonald's for hot coffee when she was the one who put it on her lap. I can't wait to find out if there is more to the story.
Dixie06

Postby paul77 » 02 Aug 2012, 06:48

Poor woman, it seems she's a good person who only needed justice and some money for her injuries, that's all. But people at McDonald's thought they could do anything they wanted to and escape unpunished, but that was not the case.
I also pity Ms. Liebeck's family who lived all these years among people who probably thought they were greedy and didn't deserve the money... :-(
Black as midnight on a moonless night
paul77
old member
old member

Postby lulu33 » 12 Nov 2012, 05:43

I don't think that any person who had issues at a place where they serve coffee or whatever it is, should immediately sue the company - sometimes, it's just not their day, that's all. ;)
lulu33
old member
old member

Return to Coffee And Culture