Coffee and cigarettes

Their interaction

Coffee and cigarettes

Postby Mulderr » 08 Sep 2010, 13:09

Are there any ex-smokers here who still really have a craving for a cigarette with their first cup of coffee? I hear a lot of ex smokers talk about this.
Mulderr

Re: Coffee and cigarettes

Postby driven » 08 Sep 2010, 14:21

There are quite a few things that still make me crave smoking. A cup of coffee in the morning and a drink at night are the hardest times to resist. I had to give one of them up though and it was not going to be my coffee!
driven

Postby Nicky » 05 Oct 2010, 00:35

my girlfriend with her boyfriend have such "breakfast " every morning. I cant understand them. Is it tasty? it seems to me that it is bad!

how do you think?
Some things in life are better rich. . . coffee, chocolate, men.
Nicky
old member
old member

Postby michael » 07 Oct 2010, 06:15

Hey, guys!
I used to smoke cigarettes before and of course I accompanied it with a cup of coffee. Since I quit smoking them, I was very unhappy and depressed :-) But then I thought: what if I start smoking cigars instead? Cigars are considered not as harmful as cigarettes are and besides, I never even thought about quitting my coffee, so now I'm particularly happy - coffee vs. cigars! Enjoy!
Coffee is the best thing to douse the sunrise with
michael
old member
old member

Postby NoLimits » 08 Oct 2010, 03:28

I once had a neighbor who decided he would cut down on smoking by only having one with a cup of coffee. Within two weeks he was on 25 coffees a day! (True story!) I never thought about cigars and coffee but as you probably smoke less it can't be a bad thing.
NoLimits

Postby CoffeeLover » 08 Oct 2010, 03:40

I don't like cigarets' smoke!
And I can't understand, how can you dilute with a cigaret such amazing drink as coffee?! [-x :-w :ymsigh: :-o :-q
I like to move it, MOVE IT
CoffeeLover
old member
old member

Postby maria » 18 Oct 2010, 04:57

No smoking when drinking coffee! I agree with CoffeeLover: why mixing coffee with cigarettes, they can be enjoyed apart :d
maria
old member
old member

Postby CrazyBaby » 19 Oct 2010, 05:43

I have tried such mix once! Cool =) Double "power" drink. But I don't smoke any more!
I don't have a problem with caffeine. I have a problem without caffeine!
CrazyBaby
old member
old member

Postby Nicky » 18 Nov 2010, 00:47

Coffee and Cigarettes are Parts of a Balanced Diet

A Wake Forest University showed that drinking coffee and smoking cigarettes are good for you and should be encouraged. It further suggested that legislators should have mandated smoking sections so people can live productive lives.

Dr. Juan Valdez said that coffee should be considered a fruit. Coffee is grown and harvested much like berries and grapes and thus should be considered a fruit.

Dr. Randolph J. Reynolds added that cigarettes contained tobacco, which is grown and harvested like cabbage, lettuce, and other leafy vegetables.

The study also stated that the benefits of a healthy lifestyle can be achieved with as little as 6 cups of coffee and 20 cigarettes per day.

I found it here: http://www.thespoof.com/

strange, but what is your opiniion???
Some things in life are better rich. . . coffee, chocolate, men.
Nicky
old member
old member

Postby George » 09 Apr 2011, 18:56

Nicky, I went to that website, and I believe it's mostly exaggerations and jokes. I have heard that there are possibly some health benefits to smoking though, such as a reduced risk of developing Alzheimer's disease. I'm pretty sure most would agree though that any possible benefits are greatly outweighed by the known risks. It's an interesting topic though and that website is pretty cool, thanks for posting the link.
George

Postby Caffeinated » 11 Apr 2011, 06:43

"smoking cigarettes are good for you ". That's hilarious! I guess the idea behind the cigarette and coffee breakfast is to maximize the awakening jolt of them both. Why not 4 shots of espresso with a cigarette. You could be showered, dressed and at work all within 10 minutes. But, oh! the crash that will follow. :))
Caffeinated

Return to Coffee And Culture