Culture is everywhere, culture is all around

Their interaction

Culture is everywhere, culture is all around

Postby maria » 16 Dec 2009, 04:42

You know, today a sudden thought came to my mind: Where would we be without some elementary education, some things that make us different from our little brothers - animals? Culture, as I see it, is a way of behaviour of a person on public, on solitude, of whole life. So what is coffee culture? Or do these 2 notions stay apart? I think coffee, beside being only prepared and drank, is also a strong link between people, life in general. All those coffeehouses are nothing else than places where people meet, talk, interfere. Coffee is an excuse for people's communication as nowadays we have liitle time to simply interact, etc. But this is only my opinin, I'd like to listen to yours too. What is the connection between coffee and culture? And their influence upon each other?
Last edited by maria on 10 Feb 2010, 01:06, edited 1 time in total.
maria
old member
old member

Re: Culture is everywhere, culture is all around

Postby jennyffer777 » 11 Jan 2010, 03:02

Hi Maria! A very interesting theme; would like to say - I totally agree with you on this matter. Coffeehouses became so popular and important because they pesonify a kind of cosy ambiance where people meet and communicate or simply watch life coming by. An interesting occupation, I bet ;)
Coffee & Love Taste Best When Hot
jennyffer777
old member
old member

Postby peter » 10 Feb 2010, 01:05

Yeah, I like coffeehouses. You go there and drink coffee, eat some donuts, talk to your friends or even to some unknown people and you're having a great time....mmmm, yummy ~o) ~o) ~o)
A morning without coffee is like sleep
peter
old member
old member

Postby paul77 » 12 Feb 2010, 03:56

Culture in all of us, no matter who we are or what we do, despite our religion or laws...Education plays an important role shaping our culture. And the coffee is one of the social segments which forms our culture. That's why these notions cannot be separated from each other...
Black as midnight on a moonless night
paul77
old member
old member

Postby michael » 17 Mar 2010, 07:47

Coffee is not only a link between people and whole generations, it is also a powerful vigour which distinguishes us, humans, from other creatures :-)
Coffee is the best thing to douse the sunrise with
michael
old member
old member

Postby helena » 24 Mar 2010, 05:50

Coffeehouses became an integral element of our modern culture - they represent the spirit of the age. We are those who define this spirit, so the popularity of such places is our personal achievement. Don't know if it's good or bad or if it needs an extra estimation, but yes those places are really very popular and don't think they will lose their currency soon.
I make serious coffee - so strong it wakes up the neighbors
helena
old member
old member

Postby paula » 19 Apr 2010, 06:06

Choosing to eat or drink something particular - it's like choosing your way of life. It affects you in one way or another and of course influences your relationship with other people who've chosen something else to drink. That's my philosophy ;)
Be a coffee-drinking individual - espresso yourself!
paula

Postby LavazzaMan » 01 Jul 2010, 05:25

I came across an article where it was said that in 18th century coffee houses were the only theaters in Yemen - genuine cultural centers! "Young scholars walk about and deliver discourses on all sorts of subjects. They make up the most wonderful tales, inventing, singing, making tales and fables”
Swirl the flavor. Savor the taste.
LavazzaMan

Return to Coffee And Culture