Traditions?

Their interaction

Traditions?

Postby muggles » 22 Apr 2010, 09:44

Are there any coffee related traditions in your family during holiday times or any other time during the year?

In my family it has become a tradition that my mother brings a large thermos of caramel flavored coffee to breakfast on Christmas morning.
muggles

Re: Traditions?

Postby maria » 26 Apr 2010, 05:54

Hi muggles! Thank you for the topic, it's nice to have family traditions....My husband and me have a tradition to drink black coffee with milk and sugar on weekends, in a hotel where we met. Cause we got acquainted namely noticing we both have same habits - drinking that kind of coffee at that kind of place at that same period of time. :-)
maria
old member
old member

Postby michael » 27 Apr 2010, 05:16

My family do have a tradition which is closely related to my birth. My parents were sure they would have a daughter but my grandpa was a little disappointed as he was foretold many years ago that his first grandchild will be a boy. So he believed that tale for some many years that no one around could convince him of the contrary. So he contended with my grandma who wished a granddaughter instead and told her the following: "If Daniela (my mother) gives birth to a girl, you will have to prepare my favorite dish on her birthday ;). And if we have a boy, I'll brew coffee and make breakfast for you that same day our boy comes to this world. So what you say?" Grandma agreed, of course, all the more she didn't mind neither of 2 options.
When I came into this world, however, they both were glad - I was healthy and brought joy into their life. So since then we have a tradition: every man in our family prepares coffee and breakfast for his half, and so do I for my wife. A good tradition, what do you think? ;)
Coffee is the best thing to douse the sunrise with
michael
old member
old member

Postby lulu33 » 28 Apr 2010, 02:02

Hey guys! What a great topic! I love traditions and we do have a lot in my family but none of them is related to coffee. Pity :-(
But you gave me a good idea, I guess I will think about it.... ;)
lulu33
old member
old member

Postby paula » 30 Apr 2010, 05:21

Hi guys! I've read your posts, you have interesting traditions and I liked Michael's history - give you the highest mark!
I don't have any special prehistory for my tradition. It simply came out one day that our family likes drinking a lot of flavorful coffee on Easter holidays. Don't know how it happened but we drink it only during Easter and begin buying it in large quantities before that special occasion. Everyone seems to enjoy shopping for coffee as we know this coffee will be in high demand very soon. :-)
Be a coffee-drinking individual - espresso yourself!
paula

Postby CoffeeLover » 06 May 2010, 02:57

Hi!
I have no tradition!
I enjoy coffee!!! ~o)
I like to move it, MOVE IT
CoffeeLover
old member
old member

Postby CrazyBaby » 11 May 2010, 02:47

CoffeeLover wrote:I have no tradition!
I enjoy coffee!!!

100% you are right!!!
it is not a tradition ... it is habit or necessity
I don't have a problem with caffeine. I have a problem without caffeine!
CrazyBaby
old member
old member

Postby muggles » 14 May 2010, 05:06

Michael, that's very cool! What a great story.

There's nothing wrong with just drinking coffee because you like it! I know that's mainly why I drink it. But I do like that my family has a fun tradition that is related to something I love so much!
muggles

Return to Coffee And Culture